(Closed) Memorial Day 2011

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
178 posts
Blushing bee

I am!  I got engaged in December and immediately worked on the ceremony and reception venues.  I just signed a contract with a photographer and my good friend is going to DJ.  I’ve been trying to hold off on soing other things until closer to the 1 year mark!

It’s killing me, but I don’t want to have everything done NOW and be sitting there with 6 months to go and changing my mind on things. 

I’m a 28th bride also!  Thank goodness the year marker is around the corner!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m looking at the Sunday of MD weekend, but I’m not sure yet. I’m concerned people might not want to go to a wedding on a holiday weekend, although I don’t know that anyone considers it a big holiday!

Post # 6
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m 5/29/2011.  So far I have my venue and dress.  I completely know how you feel about wanting to get everything finished.  I’ve been on a hunt for a photographer lately (which is far more stressful than anything else I’ve had to do so far!).

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

Oh! I’m getting married on the 29th too! We decided to go with Sunday to ensure that everyone was able to get there. My family is from Maine and his family is from southwest VA so we’re trying to be as accommodating as possible. We’re actually taking a trip  to look at venues this weekend. It’s so exciting!! I guess I’m way behind compared to everyone else ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
178 posts
Blushing bee

Ladies…

the ONE YEAR mark is just around the corner!!!!  Let the official countdown begin. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
142 posts
Blushing bee

Hi gals Im a memorial day weekend bride also, congrats to you all.

Post # 11
19 posts
Newbee

Hi Ladies!

I am a May 29ther.  @menobride, the Fiance and I were slightly concerned about having the wedding on a holiday weekend too, but we figured most people who we really care about would be willing to skip a BBQ or a pool party to come celebrate our wedding! Maybe some people won’t come but that is going to happen no matter what date you choose. It seems to me that Memorial day is a more relaxed holiday where people don’t make as many family plans as say Thanksgiving.  Plus, if you let people know far enough in advance they can plan around it. Anyways, hope that helps in your decision making! 

Post # 12
3613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Congrats to you all! I got married on Memorial day this year ๐Ÿ™‚ Was worried about a Monday wedding and attendance issues but it turned out wonderful.

Post # 13
150 posts
Blushing bee

Im a May 29th 2011 bride as well. Im getting anxious.. lil concerned about our budget, but hopefully we can figure that out. Its mainly close family and friends about 120 people which shouldnt be that bad. Congrats to all and good luck in the rest of the planning.

Post # 14
41 posts
Newbee

It looks like I’m going to be a May 29th bride too (as soon as we sign our venue contract).  So nervous about getting all the vendors lined up in time with such short notice, but I am going to be 36 years old by then and I don’t want to wait any longer! 

The topic ‘Memorial Day 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors