(Closed) Menu & Program 1 per table or 1 per person?

posted 10 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
44 posts
Newbee

I’ve seen some people do one per person, but that didn’t seem like good use of my limited funds, so I’m doing one per table.  I’m using heavy cardstock to make three sided stand (someone did a post on this a while ago, can’t remember who…) and putting: menu on one side, table number on second, and disposable/digital camera scavenger hunt on the third.  They look pretty nice so far, won’t clutter up the table, and have been much cheaper than trying to do all three separately.  

Post # 4
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

menus and programs aren’t necessary, you can leave them out ocmpletely and no one will know you were thinking of doing it in the first place. Depending on your ceremony, programs may be more important (for example a catholic mass when over 50% of the guests are non catholic)

Some ideas for menus I have heard were to have a chalkboard at the entrance of the reception with menu.. kind of "bistro style"

Or have the waiters explain what is being served

Or if you’re doing a buffet make pretty item cards to place in front of each dish.

Post # 5
378 posts
Helper bee

We’re doing a buffet and doing what TallBride suggested above – the placards in front of the item

Post # 6
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

We’re doing 1 program per couple/family. We’re also doing menus for everyone, but no one knows what the exact dishes are since we used icons on the RSVP cards.

Post # 7
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I am doing one menu per person, but we’re only having about 65 people.  I wsa going to do one per table but I don’t want a lot of stuff on the tables.  We’re haing cameras/cards too.  I used heavy card stock, used the landspape setting on my page set up so that way I print 3 per sheet of paper.  I am going to cut them on a paper cutter and they will be narrow enough to inset into the folded napkins.  If you create the menu using tables when setting up your page, you will be able to create them evenly

Post # 8
1116 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I’m planning to do 2 menu cards per table, 8 people per table. I figure that people can just pass them around.  I think it would be fine to do one per table too.  We’re having a chinese family style 8 course dinner served to the table, and want people to know what is coming out when, so they don’t gorge on the first few courses and not eat the later ones.  Also, our menu cards aren’t anything particularly fancy, since they’re probably just going to get dirty on the table anyway.  A quarter sheet of cardstock with the list of food and a pretty border.  With our 200 guests, that’s 50 cards, 13 sheets of paper.  Simple and easy.

Post # 9
146 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I’ve never heard of anyone keeping the menus, so whatever you do should be fine. I think in the end most people will somehow discard them so 1 per table is fine, and what Tallbride said with the chalkboard, is actually a great idea… you can make it look more elegant by using a big gold frame you can buy cheaply at any Michael’s store instead of a chalk board. THis would minimize your need to do a lot of DIY projects.

Post # 11
36 posts
Newbee

I did one per person, but we only had 36 people and we had a seated dinner.  I do save things like that and my bridesmaids took theirs, but no one else took them as far as I know.  I certainly don’t see anything wrong with just a couple per table in the middle of the table.

Post # 12
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

I did one per person but we let people select the meal that night so I didn’t want to waste a lot of time having the waiters explain the options to everyone.  And I got someone on Etsy to do it for a super reasonable price (we had 150) – I also wanted to add some color to the tables, and the menus were so pretty it really added a nice touch.

I also did 1 program per, but programs are totally not necessary.  (The same Etsy vendor did these, also super reasonable).  I thought they looked great on the chairs, held down by river stones!

Post # 13
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2007

I did one per person, but then again, we only had 50 guests.  It was an easy DIY project for me, hardly incurred any costs.  I liked it that the menus added a splash of color to the tables. 

The topic ‘Menu & Program 1 per table or 1 per person?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors