- 4 years ago
Hello beautiful people!
I have just decided on a venue officially, and am getting so excited for what is now to come. My venue is a barn (photos below) and it allows us to make/bring in our own food, which is AMAZING for us. We will hire servers to help out. We want to do heavy apps instead of a sit-down meal but plan to set up tables as if we were, and we will have food out the entire evening for people to enjoy as they please. I hope to have enough food for no one to go hungry, as we will be having it in the later evening.
As a note, my fiance and I want things to be classy, and I will be wearing a traditional wedding gown, but we will also have yard games because it just fits with our venue. So I have chosen some more laid-back food choices. Everything will be stationed/buffet style.
What I am looking to find out from those of you with experience, is if I have a good amount of variety, and how it all sounds in general. I am also not sure of how much of everything to get, so if you have an opinion, please share! I am still deciding exactly how I will warm all of the dips/keep the veggies & fruit cold.
1. Bread with garlic butter dip at each table
2. Chips with 3 or 4 dips (salsa, guacamole, spinach artichoke, and buffalo)
3. Cheese platter with pickle/olive sides
4. Veggie and fruit platters
5. Wings with dip (ranch, buffalo or bbq, garlic parm.)
6. Stuffed mushrooms (maybe)
7. Pasta – 2 varieties (alfredo w/chicken and marinara). I plan to order enough pasta for everyone to eat, assuming they will have this as a sort of entree among the apps.
I will also have a cake and maybe cupcakes. I want to include some type of sea food as a station as well, but am still looking at those options.