(Closed) Merging the monique lhuillier addie with white by vera wang 351011? Thoughts

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

I think adding sleeves would be just fine! and make your dress a little more you!

Post # 4
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think there’s a LOT of alterations that would need to take place for what you want.  I really think youre a candidate for a long sleeve, sheer bolero/jacket.

Post # 5
758 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

please excuse the awful editing…but here is what it could look like. I personally think it would look great!

Post # 7
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@KristenGotMarried:  I love that idea!

That dress is amazing and a shear bolero would be perfect with that.  It also wouldn’t get to hot when you are dancing the night away.

Post # 8
4887 posts
Honey bee

I’m not loving this exact one, but there are options out there that look similiar to what you’re going for. You can almost DIY if you can figure out how to secure the pieces with a pretty brooch.  I’ve also see where someone used a long piece of fabric, wrapped it around their arms, secured at their back with a huge brooch, and let the long ends drag behind like a train.  Gorgeous.

Um. Gorgeous.

One more and I promise I’m done 🙂  

Post # 9
11356 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Those are beautiful dresses, and you look great in your gown!

I would not attempt those types of dramatic alterations for a number of reasons. The soft diagonal lines and large swirls of the Vera are beautiful as they are, and I do not think that the vertical boning of the Monique top would merge well in the mid section of that gown.  Also, you may not be able to wear a sash like the one you have selected. 

I agree with KristenGettingMarried and tksjewelry that a sheer shrug or bolero would be perfect!

Here is a suggestion for how to have, enjoy, and show off the Monique top that you so love — Why not have one made and wear it with a fabulous skirt to your rehearsal and rehearsal dinner or perhaps for your going away out fit (if you’re having one)?

Post # 10
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think maybe add the sleeves and leave out the boning.  I love that ML too 🙂

Post # 11
758 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I don’t think she was going to add boning. I think she wanted to do the neckline alteration and add sleeves..i could be wrong though

Post # 13
842 posts
Busy bee

I think that looks great!

Post # 14
4887 posts
Honey bee

I think it looks great but I stick by my initial thinking that this is going to be really difficult and expensive to do to your current dress.  

This sounds NUTS, but is there like a sheer undershirt you could wear UNDER your dress to give you the same effect?  

I don’t mean to be such a nay-sayer, I promise!

Post # 16
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

At first when i looked at it I was thinking “I dont know if that would look good” but when you posted the second picture I decided that I love it! I think you should definitly do it! (You look beautiful in that dress by the way!!)

The topic ‘Merging the monique lhuillier addie with white by vera wang 351011? Thoughts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors