(Closed) Mermaid & Trumpet Gowns!

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Here is mine! I am also worried about the sitting thing. Right now i have room around the hips but would like to have it taken in..im scared it will make it hard to sit so we will see when i go for my first fitting! [attachment=1128187,142081]

Post # 19
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m worried about the sit aspect, too.  My first fitting is in a couple of weeks, so we’ll see!  They do need to take in the hips some, but I don’t know where the line will be between me wanting my hips to look smaller and being able to sit . . .

Post # 21
1356 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Here’s mine!  I’ve posted it before, but here it is again.  Looove it!

Post # 22
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@bunnylovesbear: do you mind me knowing who the designer is for your dress?? I seriously love the material and it looks great on you!!

Post # 23
170 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’d love to know the designers too, these are gorgeous dresses!

Post # 24
1433 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@bunnylovesbear: ooo I LOVE your veil! Can you tell me what kind that is plz? 😀

Post # 25
1433 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I can’t decide if mines a mermaid or a trumpet… but here she is anyway!

Kenneth Pool for Priscilla of Boston Platinum Collection PL396~! 😀

Post # 26
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

I too have AWFUL lighting in our bedroom – and had to take it with a timer so Fiance wouldnt see. No alterations yet – which OBVIOUSLY need to be done. but i love her!

Post # 27
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

This is my dress.  And I’ll be seeing in person this Sunday because it just came in!  I haven’t seen or tried it since last September.

Post # 28
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

@Missido:  i LOVE the back! show the real pictures when you can, id love to see them!

Post # 29
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Here is mine! Sitting is a lil uncomfortable but after I fix my hoop situation I believe it will be a lot better. walking/dancing isn’t hard and all dresses that have bigger bottoms create a lil difficulty not just mermaid/trumpet

@Missido:  GORGEOUS gown!

Post # 30
5229 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

Sitting and dancing are easier the more trumpet and less mermaid your dress is. Also, your alterations can affect this as well. If you want it super tight in the hips and thighs and it’s strapless, sitting will be precarious, but if you have if you have your seamstress leave just a but of room along the seams below you waist, you’ll be fine.

Post # 31
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@KimmySumShuga: I LOVE your dress.  I saw a similar one by Jim Hjelm collection.  Gorgeous.  

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  Thank you! Absolutely, I will post real pictures after I try it on on Sunday.  (I’m soooo excited but scared at the same time. Hoping I love it just as much when I try it on, it’s been so long.)  I really love your dress too.  The satin and lace together looks fantastic. 

View original reply
@abby_mb:  Thank you for the compliment 🙂  Your dress is STUNNING. And if that’s you in the picture, it’s like it was made for you.  Fits you perfectly!

The topic ‘Mermaid & Trumpet Gowns!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors