(Closed) Mermaid Chapel Length & Cathedral Veil?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
3367 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I don’t see what a cathedrel veil wouldn’t work and it would give you the drama you’re talking about.  Do you have a pic of the front of your gown?

Post # 5
5517 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2019 - Paris, France

I have a really long veil and a shorter train.  this is when I tried on the sample of my dress and the veil I tried it on with (not my veil but you get the idea)

Post # 7
23589 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think what you’ve got is beautiful, but it doesn’t seem to be what you’re looking for. I have been obssessed with Mrs. Neutrino’s veil that she didn’t choose and think it would look juts lovely with your dress! That being said, here’s my fingertip veil (similar to yours) with a mermaidy dress:

Post # 8
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i think your dress will look gorgeous with a cathedral or chapel length veil.  for more drama, you can look into silk tulle veil or a veil with lace only on the bottom edge — won’t be as dramatic as a mantilla.  i was also very disappointed that the dresses I ended up with, nothing looked good with the mantilla veil that I always thought I would wear.  i’m planning on wearing a longer (either floor or chapel length) regular tulle veil and then switch to a fingertip silk tulle veil. I bought 10 yards of alencon lace so I might end up adding it to one of my longer veils.

i’m not 100% certain of the dress i’m wearing yet because i keep on buying dresses but i’m 99% certain i’m wearing a mermaid dress.  I started with a Watters mermaid, then went to a Watters a-line, and then a Jim Hjelm empire waist, and now a Vera Wang mermaid.

Post # 9
5517 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2019 - Paris, France

View original reply
@pengoala: haha! I didn’t buy it because it was wayyyyyyyyy too expensive (for me at least)… 1K +!! 😮 , and .. the bottom was square and had corners :-/ .. not my thang. I did eng up with a nice one and had my grandmother sew on lace 🙂 

Post # 12
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

a few pictures doing a quick google images search “mermaid dresses veil”

The topic ‘Mermaid Chapel Length & Cathedral Veil?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors