(Closed) Microwave losing power

posted 7 years ago in Cooking
  • poll: What would you do with an old microwave that is losing power?
    Toss it and buy a new one : (7 votes)
    78 %
    Repair it : (0 votes)
    Find a place to donate it and buy a new one : (2 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 3
    14495 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

    I just started mine on fire last week, I found that it is way cheaper to buy a new one then fix it.  The basic per hour cost of fixing them would almost pay for a new one, even with them being far more expensive than I had thought they would be.  Wow, I didn’t realize it had been that long since I bought a microwave.

    Post # 5
    13099 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

    Microwaves aren’t all that expensive.  I venture to bet it will cost you a lot less to buy a brand new one than it would cost to repair your 10-year-old one.

    Post # 7
    10573 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: January 2011

    I would buy a new one.  You can probably recycle it at an electronics recycling drive.

    My old microwave starting sparking one day, like I had put metal into it, so the safest thing to do with your old one is to dispose of it.  Repairing would probably be expensive.

    The topic ‘Microwave losing power’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors