(Closed) Midgley & Sottero Adorae – Any real pictures??

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 75
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@Treejewel19: will you be selling your dress when you are done with it? let me know i would definitely be interested! it looks stunning on you!

Post # 76
11 posts
Newbee

In case any of you don’t know, this dress is also available to be ordered from Maggie Sottero with a ZIPPERED BACK!!!

Post # 77
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@kshows03:Did you ever sale your dress? Thats awesome that you did that to the dress, never seen it done before.

Post # 78
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

If anyone is selling this dress let me know!

Post # 79
Hostess
11163 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@julia.hughes21:  Sorry, I didn’t buy the dress. I didn’t care for how it looked on me. 🙁

Post # 80
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hello Hello! Yet another bride asking this but here it goes! If anyone’s selling their MS Adorae -ivory – size 12 gown PLEASE contact me asap at [email protected]

Yup im a procrastinator – getting married in 5 months – shaking my head….

Thank you!!

Post # 81
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I wore this dress for my August 2011 wedding and I LOVED it! For those asking about a bustle, I had a French bustle with about 10 ties all pulled underneath. I think lots of brides do a side bustle, but that just looked too heavy on one side for me. I wanted things to be a bit more symmetrical.

I wore big crystal chandelier earrings and no necklace. I also wore a big crystal bracelet and a single layer veil with a little beading along the edge.Since it’s cold in San Francisco, I also wore a vintage fur stole when we were taking photos by the bridge. It all looked very classicly bridal.

I went bra-less but had some cups sewn into the bust to give me a bit more lift and support. You definitely don’t need a bra though because the seamstress will make sure the bust fits you perfectly.

You can see lots of photos on my photographers blog:

Choose between DJ’s?

Here’s a couple views of the bustle. Unfortunately I don’t have any that are straight on from the back view.

Post # 82
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

just tried on the dress! What do u girls think?

Post # 83
999 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

although this dress is very common, looks gorgeous on every body type.

Post # 84
22 posts
Newbee

I literally ADORED my Adorae!

Post # 85
22 posts
Newbee

PS i have a size 12, WHITE,  no alterations other then french bustle. prefer pickup in NY (Queens) or Northern NJ. Will be dry cleaned.  Price $700.00 Non Negotiable.

Thanks!

Post # 97
22 posts
Newbee

Post # 98
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Sad to be selling my beautiful dress, but happy that some other lucky lady will be able to wear it on their wedding day. It is Sottero & Midgley Couture Adorae size 6. It has had very minimal alterations and no alterations to the length. It is in perfect condition and was only worn for 4 hours before I changed into my other dress. It has been professionally cleaned and there isn’t a mark on it (I took a picture of the under side of the dress.) and has all it’s rhinestones in place. I paid $1900 Canadian for it, so am asking $1000. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in this dress.

Post # 98
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I loved this dress from the moment I saw it on the internet and knew I had to have it. I am 5 feet 4 inches and 110 pounds. Unfortunately the only one I could find at a good price was a size 2 and I was worried I wouldn’t fit into the dress. Luckily it came and I was able to just barely fit into it. I changed the lacing color on the back to match my boquet, and added cups to the bodice. I did have to hem quite a bit off the bottom since it was a beach wedding and I wasn’t going to be wearing shoes. I put a mermaid style hoop skirk underneath it to give it a bit more volume around the bottom and that made wonders of a difference.

I wanted to do pictures in the water and I was prepared to ruin the dress in the process because the pictures would be a once in a lifetime thing. Right after the ceremony and photos, I immediately took the dress to the bathtub and rinsed it all out to get rid of all the sand and some of the salt water. I then let it hang dry for two days (because we were on a cruise ship without dry cleaning). As soon as I got home I took it to the dry cleaners and told them what had happened and they were able to clean it beautifully! I was so happy and suprised!

This dress was so beautiful. I am so glad I picked it. Everything turned out perfectly and I couldn’t be happier with the whole thing! 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  adrenci.

The topic ‘Midgley & Sottero Adorae – Any real pictures??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors