- 2 years ago
So this is kind of long winded but I could really use some opinions, hormones are getting the better of me.
So I’ve had a family DR since I was 13 and he’s been really great, I’m comfortable with him, he understands how I can sometimes be a hypochondriac and he knows my history.
However, I feel like I want to go with a midwife for my pregnancy. As much as my DR is good, appointments are typically only 15 minutes and always delayed because he’s so busy, he can’t garuntee he would even be there for the delivery; and he’s more of a “do you have any questions” vs “let me keep you informed with all this information.”
Theres a midwife clinic in our town with three women who would see me throughout my pregnancy and one would garuntee to be at the delivery. Appointments are every month I believe for 45 minutes and I feel like they will be able to inform me more than my DR because unless I bring certain things up “skin to skin after delivery etc” he may not tell me, where the midwives I’m told are very informative and give you all the options!
Where I’m stuck is, I went to my DR today to get my flu shot and I told him I was pregnant and he was happy for me and asked the information and he told me I would have to get a D/U by a certain time and he would call to confirm, he called our ultrasound place (everyone uses this place in our town) and they said based on my last LMP I would need to get the ultrasound by the 27-28 of January but they could only fit me in on the 29th but that I couldn’t wait much longer because they needed to date the pregnancy properly.
Well I had made a midwife appointment and the soonest they could get me in (for an 8 week appointment) is January 30th. Which is a day after my scheduled D/U! When I talked to the receptionist at the midwife when I scheduled she said they would meet me on the 30th and then schedule my D/U.. but that would be weeks later, they fill up so fast I’m told! So wouldn’t I be too late for the D/U?
so my problem is, do I stick with my dr? Because I would feel guilty not sticking with him, and despite the lack of info I do feel comfortable with him.
or do I try a midwife who I feel would give me the attention I would like to have?
and if I stick with a midwife, do I cancel my D/U and wait for them to reschedule or call and explain the situation and see if they think I should go on the 29th before our scheduled appointment?
sorry for the long winded post, please my brain is fried, my husband is supporting me regardless, and I have no one else to talk to!