(Closed) might not be able t.o go on our honeymoon. What would you do

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
Member
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Eesh. What country and what’s your husband do? I guess I would probably freak out and cry a lot, haha.

Post # 4
Member
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

That’s so tough, I’d be freaking out too. I’m kind of OCD about everything so I’d probably be rebooking just to assure we get to do something, but that’s also probably because I’d have about 70 panic attacks waiting until the last minute to find out. We went to Playa del Carmen back in November, and a hurricane was hitting the area about a month before we went. Even then I was thinking about cashing in on our trip insurance and booking elsewhere, but luckily the storm wasn’t very bad and there was no major damage.

If his coworkers have experience with the situation then maybe waiting will work out, did this same thing happen to any of them?

Post # 5
Member
13014 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Can you get to the country’s embassy or consulate to talk to them face to face about the whole situation? 

Post # 6
Member
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

What is the expected processing time for visas?  I’ve applied for visas to countries that have taken 6 – 8 weeks to be approved – to be honest, two weeks doesn’t sound like an abnormally long time to me.  

You say they aren’t granting it because they don’t like your husband’s occupation – has your visa actually been denied on these grounds?  Or have they communicated with you in any way that confirms this is the reason why the visa hasn’t been granted yet?  It just sounds a bit strange to me – I know certain professions are frowned upon by certain governments, but I’ve never heard of a visa being denied for this reason alone.  Usually they just want further information and then proceed with the visa.  

Personally, I wouldn’t try to rebook something now – I would contact the embassy or consulate of the country you are going to and ask what further information you can provide.  I would also see if there is an additional fee you can pay to expedite the process.  The whole situation doesn’t sound quite right so I think there may be something else at play here.  I also sincerely doubt the State Dept will be able to do anything to help so I think your best bet is to deal with the embassy/consulate yourself.  

Good luck! 

The topic ‘might not be able t.o go on our honeymoon. What would you do’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors