(Closed) Mikaella 1508

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have been eyeing this dress up for weeks and finally tried on last night and LOVE LOVE LOVE. After 5 appointments and a million dresses, this is the ” ONE”. Looks just as amazing on as in the picture. The back is GORGEOUS!! Good Luck

Post # 5
15 posts
Newbee

This is also my dress…I shopped for 6 months and tried on over 200 dresses….and aside from being STUNNING….these are the reasons I love it:

It allows me to be the focus in the front.  All along I was torn between simple and dramatic…and this is very simple in the front…but has a lot going on in the back. 

It is just beautiful!!  And so unique. 

Sarahterp…what kind of hairpiece are you using??

Please keep me posted!!  I love to hear from other people wearing the Mikaella 1508!

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2011

This is my favorite dress after six stores, but the price tag is about double what I was hoping to spend. A veil seemed too much with this dress, but a feathery hairpiece looked great. Does anyone know of similar dresses that are more affordable?? Do I just bite the bullet and get it?? Sigh!

Post # 7
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I tried this on and it was amazing!!! The back is just to die for, however for me the front was a little too plain, so I didn’t consider it. But wow, the back. Everytime I see pics I love it. AMAZING!

I’d show you pics, but the sample was a size 8 and I’m a Mikaella 10 so it didn’t close up… Not pretty…

It is VERY slimming from the side too!

Post # 8
15 posts
Newbee

ChocolateCake…I know what you mean.  I didn’t intend on going over $1,000 for a dress.  Hopefully I won’t regret spending so much when all is said and done.

But…I have been in contact with another bride (who also loves the Mikaella 1508, but worries about the price), and she was considering a David’s Bridal gown that is similar…but it is not as dramatic in the back.  There aren’t as many ruffles.

It is a comparable dress….and also very beautiful.  The style number is T9938.  Here is a link.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Mikado-Silk-Gown-with-Ruffle-Back-T9938_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns

I think thats the dress…it’d be worth a try! Good luck!

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2011

dkd – yes, i just found that dress yesterday!! it had gorgeous gold beading on the ivory and i was pretty set on getting it until i tried on a dress in a completely different style and fell in love. thank you, though, and i highly recommend the t9938 as a great alternative. =)

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee

@dkd45805:

I agree with the concerns about the veil. I tried the dress on with one and I liked it but I do feel like it takes away from the back. I planned on wearing a flower in my hair for both the reception and the ceremony…prior to picking this dress along with a veil for the ceremony. I am thinking either a short veil to just wear for the ceremony and then stick to the flower. I also am changing my original hair plan and wearing more up to showcase the beautiful back. How about you?

Post # 11
15 posts
Newbee

@sarahterp1:

All along, I have not been fond of veils at all.  I really don’t want one.  I will probably go for a flower or something in my hair…but I haven’t decided yet.  I guess I should decide how I want my hair done first.  I haven’t seen many accessories that I’m really excited about.  A lot of times I think they are too big.

I’m pretty sure I will not have a veil, unless I see one that really blows me away!

Post # 12
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 1998

@CoffeeBeans:We love this gown, when it came into the store it went right onto a maniquin in the window! I think it is even prettier in person then in the ad shots the fabric is so light and soft and has a hint of a shimmer to it that you can’t see in the pictures. It is a beautiful dress, your going to love it!

Post # 13
15 posts
Newbee

@sarahterp1:

I just met with my florist.  I think I am going to have her make a hairpiece for me with a few small pink roses and ostrich feathers.  I don’t want it too big…and it matches my bouquet.

Hopefully this turns out good…so I won’t have to worry about a hairpiece or a veil.

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee

@dkd45805: Take some pics! When is your wedding?!

Post # 15
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I love this dress in pictures, I have yet to track it down though…

The topic ‘Mikaella 1508’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors