- Mrs X
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: February 2011
Just a list of gripes, got to get it off my chest somewhere
1. we were going to get married abroad which was ruled out as Mother-In-Law scared of flying and refused to let her only son do it, dispite the fact we were only going as far as Europe and she has flown further before.
2. Made to have a church wedding even tho neither of us wanted this which made me feel like a hypocrite for finally agreeing to do it.
3. Adding people to our guest list who neither of us had had ever met, (ps my parents were paying for the venue so we were trying to keep numbers down) I had to double my side of the guest list to even out the numbers at my parents insistence, so much for small and intimate.
4. more Father-In-Law than MIL- adding his neighbours to our guest list as they lived a couple of doors up from in laws didn’t drink and would drive them home…..?!?!
5. Telling her friends we were getting married and to expect and invite. ‘cough cough’ I think not, again we don’t know them.
5. changing her mind at least twice after i had printed 150 order of services about the hymn she choose (each mother chose one) the last instance in the week before the wedding when i had to quite loudly and possibly rudely say no for my own sanity after politely trying to step out of changing it for 20 mins
6. saying ‘your mum said at least one of her daughters is doing the right thing- getting married in church before the kids come’ (my unmarried sister has two kids and a full time long term boyfriend and my parents had us before they were married)…this hurt me as i know my mum never said this
7. causing a scene in every wedding place/shop we went to. to the point that when i had to go back places they sighed when they saw she was not with me. I also apologised for her on a couple of occasions when i had to go back
8. sulking for a week when she paid for a wedding item (she insisted on paying by the way) and i didnt thank her after…this was down to the fact that i was in shock and mortifiyly embarassed about a scene she has just caused in the shop….
9. not mentioning or thanking me for the card i sent to say thanks for the above brought item (thought i better try to be the bigger person) to the point that Darling Husband thought it got lost in post till Father-In-Law told him she had it
10. speaking to vicar behind my back to try to try to make changes to the wedding music
11. whispering at wedding rehersal dinner with Father-In-Law about other people at the table.
12. buying a wedding outfit that cost twice the price of my wedding dress, after making me budget on my wedding dress.
13. being quite rude to one of my family members at the wedding breakfast who was sitting on table with her
14. telling me not to have things as they are a waste of money then after the wedding saying why didnt i have them as people moaned they were not there
There are a lot lot more but if i put them on and anyone knows me or her it will be quite clear who we are, and dispite all this I am actually trying to get on with the woman!