Post # 1
My fiance and I might go with a military cake topper, since he’s in the Marine Corps and will be wearing his uniform. However, I’m having a tough time finding a topper where:
1) The bride has hair that isn’t blond and/or from the 80s!
2) The bride’s wearing a dress that even remotely resembles mine (no puffy sleeves!)
3) The Marine groom’s hair is actually within regulations
4) His rank can be customized
5) Costs less than $50! ALL of the great, customizable toppers I’ve found so far are $90 and up! It’s a piece of wood or plastic on top of a cake! Oh well. Maybe we’ll go abstract after all. Any input is much appreciated!
Post # 3
Post # 4
I’m not sure if you’re looking for something like this, but I made these for my FSIL’s wedding since the only one’s she seemed to find were $150 and up. Maybe you could do something like this?
Post # 5
You could go the DIY route.
I made our (but ours we’re playing “Mega Bubble” so it’s a little non traditional).
I used polymer clay.
Honestly, I’m a super amateur, but if you want handmade for under $50… that’s not much $ for someone else to make it.
Post # 6
Yeah, his hair is too long, and my face is wrinkly… but… you know… amateur work.
I’m sure you can get at least that good if you DIY. For the ribbons, I rolled out little flat pieces and used an exacto knife to cut the stripes and line them up. That part was the hardest part!
Post # 7
This one can be customized for hair and skin color and is only $35.00
Post # 8
You can always find someone who does Sand Blasting. You can get any image including a pic you have to be etched into glass. Thats what we ended up doing for ours!
Post # 9
@KT_Williams: did you do local or get them online? deets please! i want to do something like this but for table numbers :]
Post # 10
We’ve had the same problem finding a really nice military cake topper that wasn’t so expensive! This was the best one I found and plan on using. You can change hair, dress styles, and customize their uniform. THe link takes you to the army one but it gives you an idea and you can click back to the other military.