(Closed) mini-rant/vent on FH’s obliviousness (in life & wrt the wedding)

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

i am sure my Fiance would do the exact same things with regards to stamps etc. my solution though is that i don’t ask him to do these things! i do it myself.  i am a little obsessive compulsive about some details too (I got wedding stamps as well), and i wouldn’t even think to ask Fiance to do anything of these wedding detail tasks.

as for your other stuff, i think you just need to adapt to him. he probably doesn’t do it on purpose, so to avoid getting frustrated all the time, the best you can do is work with him. maybe give him a list when you ask him to go to the store and write down the exact quantities you want. and couldn’t you have texted him before 1:15am?? like at midnight say “hey, i am going to bed, when are you going to be home?”  then there would be no worry/frustration, no? 

Post # 4
46332 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I should preface this with the fact that I have no idea of your postage rates but I gather he bought stamps that cost more than you need for postcards.

Can you save the extra stamps for your thank-you notes?

Then go out and buy the postcard stamps you need – no need to buy envelopes for your STD’s or response cards.

Post # 5
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

My Fiance is also a bit of a space cadet sometimes. When I want him to pick something up at the store or postage stamps, etc., I write exactly what I want down on a piece of paper and give that to him, so he has a reference point. I think some guys just get overwhelmed when they have to do these types of things. Making an exact list saves me from nagging and him from getting frustrated because he can’t remember exactly what it was that I wanted him to get. That way we are both happy, and the lists have helped immensely, so I suggest that you start doing the same thing, and hopefully it will help you both, like it helped us.

Post # 7
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@Jaxx317:  i understand that you don’t want to do everything all the time. however, i really only meant for wedding stuff.  in my experience, the wedding planning is the brides job. not that the groom can’t do it. but they have no desire to and if they did, they would just leave out so much. its just not in their genes! (i am aware there are exceptions to this – but my Fiance is totally and completely stereotypically anti-wedding planning!).

Post # 8
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I realize it’s a little late for this now…but couldn’t you have gone back & returned the 44 cent flag stamps & purchased the postcard ones instead?

Post # 9
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

@Jaxx317: You are very welcome. I also think things are very simple, but apparently they aren’t sometimes, so lists, at least for us, are the key 🙂

The topic ‘mini-rant/vent on FH’s obliviousness (in life & wrt the wedding)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors