Post # 1
I had always hoped I would be one of those women that loves being pregnant. I can’t say that I love it, but I certainly don’t hate it. But yesterday I just felt really tired of being pregnant. I am only 25 weeks but started to really miss my non-pregnant body. I missed
- having a waist
- my old clothes and not feeling frumpy
- having a well functioning, digestional tract that didn’t cause constant discomfort
- my cute little boobs – never had my breasts lay on my rib cage before, a weird feeling!
- a nice glass of red wine
- sleeping on my stomach
- going for a good, long, hard run
- eating for one
- my high heels
- sex in any ol position we felt like
Feeling better today, but it was really dragging on me yesterday! Anyone else ever feel like this? what do you miss about your non pregnant body?
Post # 3
Ooh, although I have actually liked being pregnant, there are moments I wish this too and then feel guilty for it since it is wonderful and thankfully
I can’t complain, but I miss a lot of your items and I am only 25 weeks too. Thankfully I still have my high heels. Here is my list. I miss:
- having a waist, my old stomach (will it ever look like that again?)
- not having heartburn and not feeling so full
- I never had my breasts lay on my rib cage before, it is definitely odd
- a spicy tuna roll
- sleeping on my stomach
- tubing at the beach
- bending over
- eating for one
- Doing any exercise I want
- my old energy level
Post # 4
I can totally relate. I’m 38 1/2 weeks and I miss:
- Tying my own shoes and not having to ask my husband to do it for me.
- Being able to shave my legs easily.
- Training for a race of some kind – marathon, half marathon, even a 10k. Heck, just walking without having to gasp for a breath would be nice.
- Sleeping through the night. I’m up every 2 hours and we haven’t had the baby yet!
- Acohol of any kind. I’d especially love a margarita today to celebrate cinco de mayo.
- Crossing my legs.
- Wearing cute clothes that don’t make me feel like a gigantic hippo.
- My ankles. These swollen feet and cankles really, really suck.
And so much more but I’ll try to stop bitching for now!
Post # 5
@Janna I thought I heard you could have A glass of red wine, No? Me I gave it up almost a year ago for my migraines, but I miss it too! Wouldn’t dare try it since I can’t take my migraine meds now that I am pregnant, just not worth it.
@flbeachiegirl- no tubing? At first I was thinking you should be able to do that, but then I had that picture in my mind of you actually trying to get out of a tube and ya I get it now! Sorry…
Post # 6
@flbeachbride – I am def grateful I *am* pregnant, but that doesn’t stop me from having those times where I just miss the old me 🙂
@tmarie – some people do, and while I think it is totally ok, I don’t feel comfortable doing it….
Post # 7
Yes, I’ve felt tired of pregnancy for a long time. I’m 34 weeks right now, and I miss:
– Just being able to lean back and relax. I have to sit up completely straight half the time to be comfortable. I’m small, so it’s like baby is taking up all the space.
– My pre-pregnancy jeans. I hate maternity jeans with a passion. I can luckily still wear my normal shirts though.
– Being able to sleep comfortably in general. I’ve always been a side sleeper, but even that is getting uncomfortable.
– Bending over without cramping. I can bend over to get my shoes on and what not, but doing laundry is definitely more difficult.
Post # 8
@Janna19 – I knew what you meant and I understand since I have felt that way, too.
one more thing – I miss not having to pull my pants up. Anyone else’s maternity pants seem to slide down to their bottom every say, 30 minutes?!?!
Post # 9
haha, YES!! sooo annoying, I am constantly yanking them up. for a while I loved that I had all elastic waists – everything felt like sweatpants – but I am over that now
Post # 10
@trilby: We are exactly alike, LOL!! I’m at 38 weeks…I’ll basically steal (and add a little!) to your list:
Tying my own shoes and not having to ask my husband to do it for me!!!!
Being able to shave my legs easily or even remember which leg I just shaved
Being able to SEE and shave my vajayjay! (I’m a trimmer people!)
Training for a marathon, half marathon, even a 10k!!! Heck, just walking without having to gasp for a breath would be nice.
Sleeping through the night. I’m up every 2 hours to pee. The cats don’t even wake with me now!
Crossing my legs, or being able to sit without having to go spread eagle!
My ankles. These swollen feet and cankles really, really suck!!
My old shoe size. And all my shoes which I now have to sell at a garage sale because I went up half a size!
(@flbeachbride): NOT having to hike my pants up whenever I walk!!
Being able to wipe from the front…I can’t reach anymore! Belly is too big!
Post # 11
I’ll add that I miss dressing up. Knowing I only have 6 weeks left makes me not want to buy any new clothes; except that my one year anniversary is Monday and I literally have no nice clothes to wear out. 🙁 My husband’s taking me shopping this weekend, but I feel guilty buying something I will wear one time, especially because maternity clothes can be expensive.
Although I will say I got my hair cut yesterday and it made me feel a lot better! I think I might go get my nails done, too, to make me feel a little less frumpy.
Post # 12
When I was pregnant, I missed being able to zip my pants! None of my maternity pants had zippers!!!!
Post # 13
I’m feeling a little sorry for myself today, so this is the perfect thread. When I got put on bedrest, they made it pretty clear to me that Lemon was coming early… Well, here we are at 38 1/2 weeks and no Lemon.
I’m swollen and uncomfortable and sick of maternity clothes altogether. I actually did buy an adorable new maternity shirt the other day because I just couldn’t stand it anymore! I can only wear 2 pairs of shoes, and I’m so sick of them too!
I had some labor the other night and I was so sure we were going to have a cinco de mayo baby… Well, here we are and things are quiet as a churchmouse.
Sigh… just keep remembering: happy, healthy babies.
Post # 14
Ms DG: A girl I know got put on best rest, and her dr made it clear their baby would come early, but she actually ended up going past her due date!!!! Hate to tell you that, I know it doesn’t help! I hope you have your lemon soon and don’t go like she did!
Post # 15
Ahhhh, DG, I would be frustrated, too. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Lemon makes her appearance soon; enough of this waiting around already! 🙂
ETA: Also, my doctor said that first-time moms especially have a tendency to go from no labor progress to active labor without warning. She said after the first baby, women tend to notice pre-labor symptoms more easily, so they have more warning about when it’s about to start. But with first-timers like us, we have a tendency to not notice or even dimiss pre-labor and early labor symptoms, so we’re more likely to not be in labor one moment and then contracting like crazy the next. Good luck!
Post # 16
Thanks girls! Rosie- I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear what you had to say 😀
Mrs. Spring- I hope you are right!