I think that buying from a local shop can go either way.
1. You get to try before you buy.
2. It *can* be a super fun experience/girls outing if: you have plenty of time to shop for a dress, budget isn’t a huge issue OR you have excellent self control when you find that dream dress in store and can’t imagine any other one BUT its 4k over the your budget, if you shoswing with fun people AND the consultants at the store are fun, polite and knowledgable.
3. You might score a super awesome deal at a boutique mummy sisters dress was originally $1200, bufound I found it locally at a wedding boutique that was getting ready to close. It had a rip and needed to be dry cleaned, but after that was taken care of, I couldnt have imagined a better dress for my sister. It was perfect.
1. You might fall in love with a dress that you simply can’t afford. Seeing it online is one thing. Having the ability to trit no on, but knowing you’ll be paying it off long after you’ve worn it is a other.
2. If you’ve got the wrong company, it can really ruin your day.
3. Having a less-than-expected-experience at a shop really sucks.
4. Not necessarily, but not uncommon- might pays pay a lot more.
My sister didn’t immediately settle on the dress my mom found for her, so we still went dress shopping. The experiencew miserable. She felt rushed, people weren’t helpful, it was ridiculously crowded, and she felt like a number rather than a bride. Same wento for bridesmaids dresses. This is not the experience that everyone has- totally not saying that. But it can happen, and it s slightly discouraging and frustrating.
Now it’s my turn. I went this morning to check out some dresses I found online in person….and I do have an appointment next week to try a few on.
I’m excited to find the perfect dress, but generally speaking, I don’t like clothes shopping (call me crazy).
If it were up to me, I would order a few dressed online and return the ones that didn’t work….but we are paying cash for everything and I don’t want that money tied up for weeks at a time (November!!). And then I would have fun hitting bridal accessories for accessories, veil, and bridesmaids 🙂