(Closed) Mixing Ivory & White

posted 8 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

i don’t think it would really matter either way. but i’m in ivory, and he’ll be wearing ivory too. more because i’m not a white fan. mine’s a much, darker ivory than he’ll be wearing though.

Post # 4
1250 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My dress is ivory too, and my guy is wearing a white shirt, ivory vest, and a tan colored suit. It sounds a little strange, but it actually looks really nice in person. Be sure to look at the fabric swatches of the tux shirts from the rental company you are going with…everyone has a different version of ivory, and some look pretty yellow, IMO. That’s why we didn’t do an ivory shirt – it looked really yellow compared to my dress’s ivory.

Post # 5
1080 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

No one will even notice that he is in a white shirt. We personally went with white because the “ivory” shirt Men’s Wearhouse showed us was icky!

Post # 6
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

You probably shouldn’t overthink this one.  Personally, I’ve never seen a wedding (or even a photo) where the color of the dress vs. the men’s shirts jumped out at me as being “off” – and so many brides choose ivory dresses – so I think it’s the kind of thing only you would notice.

Post # 7
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I agree that you shouldn’t worry too much about this one. My dress was predominantly champagne, with some taupe and antique white lace, and my husband’s white shirt didn’t clash at all(though he was no in a tux). We tied the shades together in the flowers and with his tie/bout.

Post # 8
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I agree with pp that men’s wearhouse ivory is horrible!  I have an ivory dress and we decided to have the men in black shirts…but we are doing black bridesmaids dresses too, so I suppose this wouldn’t work for everyone!  Maybe you could bring your dress (or a swatch) into the store and see how it looks next to the different shirts~ worked well for me in seeing what I liked and didn’t =)

Post # 9
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

white shirt ,ivory vest

Post # 10
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

9 times out 10, no one can tell any difference between white and ivory, even when they are placed right next to each other. Some people get so obsessed with color names that they don’t pay any attention to the fact that the colors themselves are virtually identical. On the flip side of the coin, two colors can have the same name and not be remotely similar.

Post # 11
257 posts
Helper bee

I agree with stidinko, the Gentlemans wearhouse Ivory is way yellow and won’t match with anyone’s dress so we went with the white shirt on the guys also and I hope it doesn’t look bad next to my Ivory dress from Davids which again is darn near white to me… lol  I bought pearls also and they don’t match the gown, they are too yellow. the flower I bought, again, deson’t match, makes me want to stop trying to find things to match the dress cause it’s it’s own color which is not cool..

The topic ‘Mixing Ivory & White’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors