(Closed) MOB & MOG dress colors?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1623 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hmmm, that’s a tough one!  What color are the guys wearing?  Could the moms maybe do a black or dark grey/silver?  Or maybe light purple?

Post # 4
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Do you have an accent color?  One of them could wear green, and the other the accent color.  If not, see if one of them wants to wear a neutral.

You are lucky they are asking – the MOG has shot down every color I’ve suggested lol. 

Post # 6
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

That is SO nice of them to ask you.

My mother said she is wearing the same color as the Bridesmaids because that is what SHE did in 1982, and my FI’s mother said she will wear whatever color she feels like.  UGH.

Post # 7
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

my MOG wanted to wear a short tight red dress. I said that probably wont work with our colors, Fiance flat out said NO WAY! 😛

As long as their dresses compliment the color scheme, it’ll look fab!

Post # 8
1736 posts
Bumble bee

My girls are wearing dark purple too. When my Future Mother-In-Law and my Mom asked me, I just told them to wear whatever they are comfortable in. My Mom ended up choosing a royal blue and Future Mother-In-Law chose a dark grey/silver color. I figure…it’s up to them and in the end, the only thing I really care about is them being happy that day!

Post # 9
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Jamcnair:  I think tan would look lovely with your colors!

Post # 10
46465 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I owld suggest  she go with champagne rather than beige.

Other than that, I would suggest a steel lavender, pewter or sage.

Post # 11
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

My mom decided she wanted to coordinate with the wedding colors, which are black, white, and teal.  She refused to wear black (“it’s a wedding, not a funeral!”), and obviously isn’t wearing white; so she’s going to do teal.  She’ll coordinate nicely, as the Bridesmaid or Best Man are wearing black with teal trim.  I also agreed to get my dad a teal tie so he’ll coordinate with her.

MOG is still deciding — she said I have to pick out the dress…bleh.

My grandmother is doing a nice silver dress/jacket combo, which matches perfectly; but takes silver out of the running for my Future Mother-In-Law.

The topic ‘MOB & MOG dress colors?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors