(Closed) MOG wearing celery? Wedding colors are TEAL & Champagne….??

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I think that could work. Celery and champagne work and I picture a deep teal and navy all in the rhelm of peacock colors, no? I know celery to be similar to the color of the weddingbee shading if that helps your reference. I guess you’ll have to see the dress next to the bridesmaids and your mom to really know if you like it.

Post # 4
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Well if it is more of a sage colored green then I think it will look good…

The Champagne will bring the two colors together….And I agree w/ slicey19 that if you think of it as the colors of peacock then it would be pretty!

[attachment=773043,98834] [attachment=773043,98835]

Post # 6
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Does the “celery” colored dress have a champagne accent?  Maybe if she has a sash around the dress that is champagne colored then it can tie the look together?

Post # 7
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

The MOG does not need to match the BMs. Will she be taking many pictures with them? If not, don’t worry about it. Her dress will not clash with your mother’s dress and you can always advise a florist of what colors to emphasize for her corsage if she is wearing one.

Post # 9
2373 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

It doesn’t matter what color she wears because she will only be in the family photos/candids (it’s not like she’ll be posting with your BM’s). I started stressing about what my Mother-In-Law was wearing (her dress was VERY similar to my mothers)- but you know what? It didn’t matter and I was letting wedding bs get to me. She looked very nice, was comfortable, and what people wore didn’t matter 🙂

Post # 10
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

I wouldn’t worry about it – the MOG will probably only be in family photos (and candids, obviously), so she won’t be seen in photos with the bridesmaids – no biggie!

Post # 11
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

I don’t think the MOG has to match the bridal party…she just needs to look ok in a pic with you and FH.

Post # 13
581 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Sounds gorgeous! Coordinated in he “cool” color family but not matchy matchy! 🙂

Post # 14
581 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Haha just noticed… This was two years ago…

The topic ‘MOG wearing celery? Wedding colors are TEAL & Champagne….??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors