(Closed) MOH scaring me. World ending in 2012?! Advice:(

posted 10 years ago in Family
Post # 62
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I have heard the comparison that saying the world ends at the end of the Mayan calendar is like saying the world ends at the end of your 2010 calendar.  They only wrote up to a certain time (but they did predict events into the 3000s).

Post # 63
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

That is when the Mayans believed that the world was going to end, I think. I wouldn’t read too much into it, there have been a lot of dates where the world was supposed to end and it didn’t. It’ll still be here!

Post # 64
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

yea its going to end in 2012!……………Just like the computers crashed in Y2K

Post # 65
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We discussed the whole Mayan theory (and the other one involving the alignment of the planets)  in one of my science classes this past semester, with one of my instructors who majored in physics, and another who had spent a semester abroad studying the ruins. They both thought all of the 2012 theories were complete bullocks. Trust me, you and we will all be fine. And even if the world is going to end then, there is nothing we can do about it right now.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Post # 66
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

not even the Mayans thought the world was going to end in 2012.  its just fear-mongering and misinterpretation.  people will believe anything…

Post # 67
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

The Mayans only made the calendar up til 2012 because they expected to be around to make the next one. Don’t worry!

Post # 68
487 posts
Helper bee

Ha, Im having issues with this too!

If I had a dollar for every person that made a “2012 wedding?!? but the world is going to end!!!” I would be able to afford those chivari chairs I have been drooling over…;)

But seriously, don’t let her rain on your parade.  Enjoy your planning.  Even if the world does end (seriously, seriously, doubt it will though) you will have your new husband by your side (that’s what I tell everyone)

Post # 70
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Who cares, the world was supposed to end about 7 million times

Post # 71
278 posts
Helper bee

Does it matter? Haha I mean, if the world ends the world ends..married or not you’re going down & it’s not like your wedding is planned for the day of the “end of the world.”

Post # 72
231 posts
Helper bee

Someone predicted the world to end last Saturday as well, and well we’re here! Try not to worry. Plus, if it is the end of the world (and this is going to sound very blunt and rude so I apologize) but everyone would be dead, so what difference would it make!

I would tell her that although if she belives that is what is going to happen, then that is fine, but you don’t and would appreciate it if she didn’t really bring it up around you. Agree to disagree ya know!

Post # 73
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

We are having a party the day the world “ends”.  Just like we went out the day of the “rapture”.  So I think you will be just fine.  It’s your wedding, do it when you want!  And don’t worry about the world ending!

The topic ‘MOH scaring me. World ending in 2012?! Advice:(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors