(Closed) Moissanite & Diamond bees..

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think this is a great idea. I don’t have mine yet, but when it’s finished I’ll play along.

Post # 5
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Here’s my newly acquired engagement ring!

Specs: 1 carat, size 5 finger, 3mm band, not sure what the carat is of the side diamonds.

Post # 6
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Ooh cool idea but I don’t think I can play cause I already know what most people’s rings are 😉

Post # 7
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@MabelleBliss:  I was just thinking that!  There should be “no cheating” by looking at the bees’ thread history, hee hee.

Post # 8
1595 posts
Bumble bee

@Soon2bMrsGski:  guessing yours is moissanite, hard to tell from the angle of the photo but it doesn’t look like there is a circle in the middle, so I am guessing it’s a moissy

@sommertime:  at first I thought diamond, but now I am thinking it’s a moissy also!

Post # 9
3452 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@MabelleBliss:  Haha!  I was thinking the same, but I’ll play along!

2 ct, size 7 finger, 2.5 mm band (I think)

Post # 10
12 posts
Newbee

@Soon2bMrsGski:  

OMG…You have a Mark Silerstein setting also…heres mine, your gonna LOVE it !

Ring size 6.5

Post # 11
1595 posts
Bumble bee
Post # 12
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

MabelleBliss is right. It’s going to be hard to fool people that stalk the boards. We should do what Dub D said and not look back. Maybe we won’t be able to remember what some are =). I think this will mainly be helpful for new bees that are trying to decide which stone to go with. BTD has several threads that show one moissanite vs. one diamond, but I think it would be cool to get a bunch of examples in one place. 

Post # 13
1568 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would gues sthe following:

Soon2bMrsGski: Moissanite? But it’s hard to tell since it’s a stock photo, so I’m not really sure.

Sommertime: Enhanced moissanite

MrsKennedy2be: Enhanced moissanite

LoriM: Diamond

Those are my guesses. Sometimes I find it harder to distinguish between moissanite & diamond in pictures than in real life. But if I’m right about my moissy guesses, you girls got really nice moissanites and I would definitely guess that they are enhanced.

Post # 15
12 posts
Newbee

@Soon2bMrsGski:  

Im not a regular poster, but ive been lurking since December. I just love coming here and looking at all the beautiful rings, whether it be CZ, Amora, Moissanite or diamond !

This is my second diamond and setting since December, my origianl stone was sold to me without any certification and just looked kinda wonky to me after about a week of looking at it, so i took it back to the jewelers and picked out a GIA stone which I love!

The original setting was a WG channel set which was just too light and kept turning my diamod sidways all the time which was driving me crazy, so i decided to replace that with my current Mark Silverstein setting which i totally love!

Post # 16
11391 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@LoriM:  I have never seen your ring before its gorgeous!

So since I know what the other rings are I wont guess on them.. But I am going to say yours is a diamond?

The topic ‘Moissanite & Diamond bees..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors