(Closed) moissanite dream ring or grandma’s diamond?

posted 11 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Which would you pick
    dream ring : (50 votes)
    49 %
    grandmas diamond : (51 votes)
    50 %
    birthstone ring : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 32
    1384 posts
    Bumble bee

I voted dream ring and here’s why.

1. I agree with PP that the opal will be too soft and not stand the test of time. However, if you intend on just wearing it during the engagement and then wear your band on your left hand and engagment ring on your right hand, as some women do, this could be a viable option for you. Not to mention, there’s always the possibility of an anniversary ring which could then become your daily wear, and you can bring the opal out for special occasions.

2. Although I agree that the sentimental aspects of your grandmother’s ring would be wonderful, I do think that it would be tough to broach the subject with your mom. Fortunately we are pretty open in my family so I know that I can expect my mother’s 1 carat ascher cut when her time passes, but that will be a long time down the road. I wouldn’t hold your breath for this to happen.

3. Dream ring – it’s your dream ring. Sure, the center is a moissanite so it is much more affordable, and frankly I think that’s perfect. Plus, there is always the option that later on down the road your mother will want to gift you your grandmother’s ring, at which point you can have it reset then, but you don’t need to “settle” in between. Or even if you wanted, you could buy a diamond in 10 years and replace the moissanite if you really would prefer a diamond.

All in all, the choice is yours. I don’t think there is anything to be ashamed of it you cannot afford an extravagant ring right now. I think the Opal is beautiful just as much as the moissanite or any diamond. It’s all about your relationship. Anything you buy will gain the meaning that it was meant to have whether it’s from a cracker jack box or some enormous rock 🙂

The topic ‘moissanite dream ring or grandma’s diamond?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors