Post # 1
Ive been reading a lot about rings and I think I am getting close to deciding. I’m thinking a white gold solitare ring 1ct – 1.5ct. We were going to buy a diamond but decided not to because although we could afford it we think we would be better off saving the money. I’d also be worried about losing it and not a fan of having to insure things. After researching I think I prefer the Forever One H&A moissanite however am unsure about a few things.
1. Is 1.5ct moissanite too big to look like a diamond? We are in Australia so it’s not that easy to just order them in or go to the shop to see them. My fingers are size 7 so not super tiny. Is the C&C F1 H&A the most diamond like moissanite?
2. I wanted to get it from Charles and Colvard but I don’t like any of their solitare designs. I’m just wanting something very simple like the tiffany 6 prong design (hopefully this means I won’t get sick of it). Does C&C ever bring out new designs? Does C&C ever have end of financial year sales at the end of June? In Australia we currently have heaps of sales being EOFY.
3. Is Moissanite Co trustworthy ? I like their designs and they have heaps to choose from but have read a few negative posts so am hesitant :0.
4. I can’t decide on medium set or low set. Low set seems more practical but I want the wedding band to sit flush without having to have it curved around the engagement ring.
5. If I buy a moissanite solitare does the wedding band (thin row of diamonds type ring) have to be moissanite too or are diamonds ok?
6. Has anyone else brought rings into Australia? I think we have to pay another 15% tax.
I would be grateful for any advice you may have 😀
Post # 2
Solitaire 1.8mm white gold and the stone is an 8mm 2 carat equiv india moissy i paid 12 bucks for free shipping. The setting i got from walmart had a white sapphire in it. Paid 15 to get reset. The setting basket is low but stone is high my simple band will be spacer in the future for no gaps.
The pave halo is a.6 carat center diamond both are size 6 A bit smaller than ur finger but it will have about the same coverage as my halo
Post # 3
Hi! Maybe I can help answer some of your questions.
#1-the CC F1 H&A Moissanite is supposed to be the most diamond like stone. I have a 1.25 CC F1 H&A and a size 8 finger and I think it looks perfect. Not too big and not too small. 1.5 is just a tad bigger so there wouldn’t be much of a difference between the two stones.
#2- im not sure about CC. I didn’t order through them. But if you don’t like their settings you could always order a loose stone from them and then get the setting somewhere else.
#3-I don’t think so… I’m a bee that had major issues with them selling me something other than what I had ordered, what my receipt said I got and what my appraisal from them said I got :/ you can find my post to read about it if you’re interested. I don’t trust the company personally. They will fix issues though with their products, especially if you make a post about it.. so keep that in mind.
#4-can’t help ya there. You should spend time looking at different ones.
#5-diamonds and Moissanite mix beautifully. Most of the time my diamonds and moissy are doing the same thing and shining the same way. The moissy just keeps some rainbows in it usually. I’ll attach a few pics. My center stone is a moissy. My sidestones are diamond. And I’ve tried on a few diamond bands with my ering also.
#6- not in Australia 🙂
Post # 4
Personaly i think 1-1.5 carats is too small, i would go with a larger size but do what you like! You can always go to local jewelers and try on diamond rings of different carat weights they will look the sane as a moissanite.
C&C have beautiful designs but i agree none of them were what i liked either! You can buy a loose stone from them then have it set in a setting from any jeweler you want to!
I love moissaniteco, i had a wonderful expierence with them. My ring is F1 H&A colorless stone and its beautiful, it looks very diamond like which was not important to me but still many people just believe it is a diamond. The quality and company were wonderful to me. They can customize anything you want as well!
I love the look of both low and mid set stones, once again i would go to a local jeweler and try on different rings and see what size you like and how high of a setting you like.
Diamonds and moissanite look beautiful together! I have done a lot of research that says moissanite does not hold up well when it is very small so its not recommended for wedding bands or halos or side stones on engagement rings. My ring has diamond stones on the band and they compliment my centerstone beautifully.
I don’t live in austrailia sorry!
Post # 5
I have a 1.5 forver one Mossiy on a 6.5 finger and it looks perfect.