Post # 16
So many gorgeous rings, I can’t even comment on each one!
I loooovvvveeee the filagree!
I’m looking forward to seeing my first Moissy in person. I’ll get the chance soon. And when we upgrade my ring, it will be to a Moissy.
Post # 17
MissMonica: Welcome to weddingbee! I use to have a 7.5mm oec forever brilliant moissanite and though it was beautiful, I wanted something a little less moody. I now have an amora gem ultra(not to be confused with amora moissanite) and I love it so much more than I did my moissanite. It’s whiter and looks much more diamond like. I thought I’d throw that out there just incase you hadn’t heard about the amora gem. They are made by betterthandiamond.com Goodluck on finding your stone!
Top pic-1.65 carat G Vs1 amora gem ultra hearts and arrows cut. Bottom picture is the 7.5mm 1.5 carat equivalent Forever brilliant OEC moissanite from Schubach’s.
Post # 18
MissMonica: I owned a moissanite ring for 1 year. I tried to love it (really really tried) but in the end I couldn’t because of how different it looked than a diamond. I have a diamond wedding band and beside it, the sparkle and color of the moissanite was too obvious.
1. Where do you recommend buying it? No, unless you are not color sensitive. If I were to do it again I would get an Amora Gem, not moissanite, because it is whiter.
2. What made you decide on Moissanite? Cheaper, why pay more for a diamond. Until I actually wore it and wasn’t happy with the color, then I upgraded to a diamond.
3. Are you satisfied with your ring? No. I always was somewhat ashamed to show people because I thought they would be able to tell immediately that it was not a diamond.
4. Has anyone ever noticed that your ring is not a Diamond? (Not that we would try to pass it off.. Just curious :))
5. Do you recommend enhanced stones? If you do get moissy, I think absolutely get the forever brilliant or Amora moissanite.
6. Is the care for your moissanite different than other jewelry? I think it was the same as a diamond.
Please feel free to ask any questions. I know many many bees here swear by moissanite but it just wasn’t for me.
My moissanite was a 2 carat round and my current diamond is a 2.31 round.
Post # 19
Thanks everyone so much for all of the information!!
I am in love with all of your rings and hope that my fiance will agree to let me get a moissanite!
I have been browsing the MoissaniteCo site and it is a little hard to pick a ring when I cant see a photo of the real ring on a hand or video. Any tips?
Thanks again! 🙂
Post # 20
MissMonica: Sometimes if you google the model number you can find pictures people have posted on here or on other forums. I normally add “weddingbee” after the model number, because I’ve gotten the best results from these boards. There obviously aren’t pictures of every setting, but the more popular ones will often pop up. You can also search the tags on the boards for model numbers.
Post # 21
MissMonica: Hi!! I’ve posted my ring on here sooooo many times but I’ll add it again. The setting my moissy is in is a diamond setting. I did have a cushion diamond set in it but finances didn’t permit us to actually afford it. I was lucky that my cousin worked at the store because she asked me if I wanted to switch it out for a FB moissy. After looking at so many of these threads I decided that it was the best choice for us. It is a .80 (ish) stone, diamond setting, 14kt white gold and a size 5. I cannot wait to get a matching band for it. =]
Post # 22
- Wedding: Rocky Mountains-May 2017
1) Mine was bought online, though the stone came from Moissanite Co.
2) I got moissanite because I love how they look and sparkle, PLUS the origin being that they were discovered in a meteorite so even though it’s man made, it’s essentially a space diamond and in the nerd in me just had to have it.
3) LOOOOOVE IT
4) only one guy has noticed the fire and everyone else assumes it’s diamond, thouh I correct them because I think what it really is is just so much cooler.
5) Mine’s enhanced, but I don’t really have a frame of reference so I wouldn’t know.
6) Not really. Don’t be to rough and clean it like you would anything else.
Post # 23
I recently posted a thread similar to yours – my SO and I are ring shopping and debating about Amora and Moissanite. Feel free to peruse; so many lovely Bees were generous with their pictures 🙂
Moissanite thread: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/help-hesitant-about-moissanite-can-i-see-your-1-5-2-carat-fb-round-cuts/
Amora Gem thread: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/i-asked-for-moissanite-pictures-now-im-looking-for-amora/
Can’t wait to find out what you choose!