- 9 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
That is one stunning ring! I’ve never seen one like it 🙂
Regarding people who actually ask you if its a diamond: How uncouth and rude!!! I would never ever ever ask a friend that question, nor would I have even ever thought someone’s ring wasn’t diamond, I would just assume it was. Idk, maybe I’m just not that forward.
I have only had one person question it and it was my aunt who took it off my finger and examined it up to the light. She asked “What kind of diamond is this? Its SO sparkly!
I told her silly its not a diamond, she said oh good I never thought of you as a diamond girl 🙂 So true, those who really know me and are close to me are surprised that I have a diamond and then are pretty relieved and interested when I tell them what it is. My Fiance has a couple friends that are VERY materialistic…..he was a little worried what they would think. We went over there the other night and later his buddy came up to him and told him he knew……..he knew that the ring must have cost at least $12,000!!! Hahaha silly people little do the know I would KILL the Fiance if he spent that much.
I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING MIDNIGHTSUN SAID!!!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVVVVVVVVVVVE my ring. I knew I did not want a diamond under any circumstances, for moral reasons and because I don’t agree with the business practices of the Diamond industry in general. I found Moissanite and never looked back. My fiance could easily have afforded to buy me a big fancy diamond ring, but I explicitly told him that he’d BETTER not buy me one 😛 (it helps that he feels the same way about the diamond industry as I do)
NO ONE can tell that it’s not a diamond. When I have told people, they are genuinely shocked. it definitely does have a slight yellow tinge in sunlight (esp. on overcast days…), so def pay extra for the enhanced – it’s super cheap anyway, so why not do it? I think if i remember correctly, it’s like an extra $50 per carat 😛
Lovely rings ladies! Heres mine .. 3.5 ring size with 1.60ct center stone. I love my ring! Sorry I do not have a daylight photo..I haven’t even seen it during the day yet since I just got it tonight..I will post more tomorrow 🙂
You ladies are all making me sooooo jealous! I’m waiting (not at all patiently LOL!) for my 1.25 Amora moissanite from BTD….(pacing, pacing, checking my order status, pacing, pacing, checking my order status…)
Mine is a 1ct oval Moissantie center with a diamond double halo and split pave band. 1.37 total, including the wedding band. Size 7 for scale 🙂 I would say the color rating is probably a K, it only looks pale yellow in natural sun light, almost to the point where it would be sold as a fancy yellow… The color doesn’t bother me, I think it make the ring look a little more interesting. If you are expecting a pure white go with the enhanced moissanite. I ordered thought MoissaniteCo after reading a lot of good reviews here, I ordered Sunday morning with the free 2-3 day FedEx Express option, it shipped Tuesday, and it arrived Friday. When I took the stone to have it set the jeweler asked where I purchased my diamond 🙂
Sorry the pictures are so huge and wavy, dang camera phone 🙂
1. They do, simply because mine’s so big (1.5 carat) and they’re astounded my fiance could afford it (we say it’s a diamond haha).
2. No, but I have the Amora.
3. It’s supposed to. Mine looks quite clear, but I’ve taken pictures where I get the light refracted and it has a purple or green flare of light on it haha.
4. I got my ring from MoissaniteCo, I’m VERY happy with the quality. It’s beautiful, they were helpful in service, and they take it back for certain reasons, but I don’t remember.
1. Do people ever question your ring/ask you if it is a real diamond?
Nope. Never. Everyone says what a “huge diamond” it is.
2. Are you’re stones cloudy? Do you recommend getting the enhanced moissanite?
Unenhanced, and cloudy? Girl, you cray cray. I’ve never seen a cloudy moissanite.
3. I read that moissanite stones are colored (I-k) on the diamond color scale, does enhancement take away some of the color?
Yes it does, but mine is unenhanced and looks totally white to me.
4. What website did you purchase your Moissanite stone from? I was looking into ordering mine from Moissaniteco.com. Is this a reputable company? Do they take returns if for some reason the stone didnt meet our expectation?
Got mine from moissaniteco, they were fabulous and I love them, did a great job doing some free custom stuff for us and were great to work with. They will absolutely take returns!
The topic ‘Moissanite owners…Help Please :]’ is closed to new replies.