(Closed) Moissy & Asha owners I have questions!

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2031 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have neither BUT I did ask this very question on the BTD boards once!  I have heard that the princess cut moissy’s are cut differently than princess cut diamonds (Asha’s are cut the same as diamonds) and so they look different.  Some people like it, some people prefer the ‘regular’ cut.  If you do a search over there you should be able to see lots of posts and even some pics in case no one here has one to compare Smile

Post # 4
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t own a princess cut but I’ve also heard that the moissy princess cut looks very different from a diamond’s princess cut, and some people say they don’t like it as much. I’d recommend Asha if your heart is set on princess.

I don’t think you can mail them your setting, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Just send them an email through their website. If not, though, you can always purchase a loose stone and a local jeweler can set it for you.

Post # 5
25 posts
Newbee

Here is my 2 carat round enhanced Moissanite. I don’t really have an answer to your other questions since we don’t have it set yet! We love it though! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 6
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I adore my princess cut Asha. It’s 0.5 carat. The reason I chose Asha was because it looked better with my setting, which has diamonds in it.

Post # 7
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper

And my answers, lol.

Does anyone have pictures of a princess square brilliant or a princess cut asha? YES! See above. ๐Ÿ™‚ It wasn’t letting me type below my pictures.

Which would look better? It depends on what you want. I chose Asha because my setting already has diamonds in it. Also, I love Princess cut and wasn’t satisfied with how Moissy’s version looks. Moissy is sparklier, and I love it (I want a RHR Moissy) but for what I wanted, Asha was my clear choice.

How well does your asha hold up with getting dirty day to day? I assume it does about the same as diamond. I clean it about once a week, but I do that to my other jewelry too.

Will moissyco or betterthandiamonds set my stone for me if I mall them my setting or would I have to purchase the setting from them? I’m not sure. Since I already had my setting (like you) I just took it to a local jeweler that was recommended by a fellow local bee. MsYellowJacket gave me an awesome recommendation, maybe someone in your area knows one as well. Don’t go to rude chains, and ask around before you go to one. Some of them will act rather rude about setting Moissy or Asha. I walked out immediately on one that did that but was REALLY satisfied with the one I went to. It was cheaper as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@Sweet.Sugar.Rose: Honestly I don’t remember, it was last February, but it was less than $100 easily. For some reason I am thinking $40. Maybe $50? I remember the stone PLUS the setting costs were only slightly over $100. Thanks, I love her. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
490 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

@AmeliaBedelia: I thought you had a diamond this whole time!  It looks beautiful!

I can’t give advice about asha, but I can add that I clean my ring about once a week to get it back to its really sparkly self, so maybe its about the same. Laughing

Post # 12
2815 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve never seen an Asha in real life, but I have a 3 stone ring with square brilliant stones (which I prefer over princess cut stones).  I love them and they sparkle like crazy.  I don’t have any problem with them in everyday life.  Just clean them like normal and everything is great.  

Post # 14
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
Post # 16
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Sorry I don’t have much to offer, but I’ve been scoping out the pics on this thread and I think the Asha looks much more diamond-like if that’s the look that you’re going for.  The Moissy is pretty but looks kind of glassy and flat.

The topic ‘Moissy & Asha owners I have questions!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors