- Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE
1. Why did you want a moissy?
Cost, mainly. I’m a pretty frugal person and there was no way in heck I was gonna ask my Fiance to spend more than 1500 on a ring, but I also wanted a specific look that in diamond prices would have been a pretty penny. I’ve never liked the diamond industry and how they have had a chokehold on the romance business for the last century. I thought about colored stones for a while (I love Garnet, my birthstone) but I wanted something durable and cost effective. I did love the traditional white stone look as well. Hence, moissanite!
2. What kind of moissy do you have (F1, FB, NEO, etc.)?
I have a near colorless emerald moissanite from MoissaniteCo. It’s the same material as F1 but it’s not the Charles and Colvard brand, it was sourced through MoCo.
3. What are the specs?
Center stone is an 8×6 (1.5ish ct equiv) emerald cut, all the side stones are 1.5mm round moissanite stones.
4. Where did you purchase it?
Fiance got it from MoissaniteCo.com
4. How long have you had it?
Since the end of November, 2016!
5. How do you clean it? How often? What are your best products or tips/ recommendations?
I clean it with soap and water when I wash my hands and there’s an air dryer available, and if it needs an extra scrub I use a Diamond Dazzle stick I got at Target. It makes it super shiny!
6. Do you abuse it? How is it holding up (scratches, damage, or is it still perfect)? Do you wear it all the time or are you gentle to it?** I’m really curious about this one, I am not the most delicate ;D
I wear it nearly all the time, but I have an Enso silicone ring I wear while sleeping, showering, doing dishes, pretty much any time I wouldn’t want to wear my regular ring. It does get knocked around a little bit at my job, but I always check it for scratches, chips, etc. and haven’t found any yet!
7. Please share anything else: do you love it as much as you did day 1, any regrets? Do you tell people it’s a moissy? etc. etc. Don’t hold back share it all…
I definitely love it as much as day 1, even more now! No regrets whatsoever! My close friends know because I raved about it before we purchased it, but my parents don’t because they’ve never directly asked.
As far as negative comments go, once a rude old lady at my job asked “what’s that stone in your ring, it sparkles too much, if I didn’t know any better I’d say it was…. something else.” (accompanied by rabid staring at my finger). I told her it’s a moissanite and that I love it. Her sour face was so priceless! Like, what exactly is your beef with my jewelry? That it sparkles too much? That it cost less than yours? That I love it? I don’t understand people 😛 Other than that one time I’ve gotten nothing but compliments!