- 4 years ago
Long time lurker, but I finally made an account and decided to post because I have some questions about Moissanite! I’m drawn to moissy over a diamond because I just can’t justify spending SO MUCH MONEY on a real diamond when, in my opinion, moissy is just as (if not even more) beautiful- and bonus points for being more environmentally friendly. However, like most people, I’ve heard some horror stories that make me nervous, and while I’ve done a lot of research I’d love to hear some real life experiences/feedback. SO. Here are my biggest questions/concerns.
- I feel like every so often a thread pops up along the lines of “my moissy is developing mystery stains and IDK why. Help!!” Has this actually happened to you/anyone you know? How easy was it to resolve- or was the stone just ruined?
- Does your moissy really feel “as strong as a diamond”? (I know they technically aren’t but from what I can tell the strength difference is so minute you can’t really tell unless you’re scratching your moissy with a diamond- is this true?) Has anyone managed to damage their moissy?
- Do you ever feel like your moissy looks like a “fake?” (I don’t mean a fake diamond- I don’t really care that much if people “can tell my stone isn’t really a diamond!!!” I’m concerned more about some moissy pictures I’ve seen on insta in which the stone looks like straight glass. Has anyone experienced this?
- Harro gem- anyone have one? Do you love it? What’s your experience? Any advice on that versus forever one/C&C/moissyco?
- Forever one versus forever brilliant? What’s the biggest difference?
- Forever one near colorless versus forever one colorless? Is there a real color difference?
- Forever one versus hearts and arrows? What’s the biggest difference here? Is it just a different cut but the same clairty/color?
- My absolute dream ring is a 0.6-1.0 carat solitaire in a 2mm yellow gold setting. With that size/gold choice what would the best stone be? I don’t mind a little warmth, and in fact prefer a little warmth over some moissy pictures I’ve seen that look so icy white they’re almost blue/grey, but I have also seen pictures of moissy where they look yellow, and would like to avoid that, too.
- Do you regret getting a moissy? Why?
Thanks so much for indulging me, Bees! I know this is a lot of questions- hopefully some of you are as research oriented as I am and will have some answers! I’ve read tons of threads about moissy here, and read even more on the internet in general, but I’m kind of hoping to corral all my questions into one place.
And PICTURES. Don’t forget the pictures- brighten my homework filled sunday up a little 😉