- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
So originally I planned to make my wedding dress. But after a month or so of my mom pressuring me, I caved and agreed to at least go try on wedding dresses. I figured I would try them on to make sure that they looked alright and the style I was looking for would work anyways so I started to be ok with the dress shopping. Then I realized my wedding is 9 months away so making my own dress on top of all the DIYs would be a bit of a challenge so I decided to just try on some at the salon and find the style I liked and have one custom made online. So things were coming together alright, I was making the best of being pressured into dress shopping.
My mom set up an appointment for July the 7th (we decided on this day 3 weeks ago) and she convinced me to invite my future mother in law. I like fmil so when she was excited, it made me excited. I kind of want to impress her you know? So plans were made, appointment set, everything was good. Then mom messaged me on facebook. She said she couldn’t get off work so we had to reschedule and she was cancelling the appointment for the 7th!!!
But then she texts and says she can’t go because she can’t afford it. I have told her many many times that I will be buying the dress anyways but this is her excuse for not being able to go and says she is cancelling the appointment and we will have to reschedule. Not even asking me if that’s what I wanted to do. Not even asking if my fmil would be ok with this.
Well the 14th my fiances long distant aunt will be in town so that day wont work. The 21st my fmil will be attending a wedding out of town and the 28th I will be about 10 hours away. So no time in July will work. So she asks if I can take Sunday off work. But I’m already taking two Sundays off of work for court this month, I can’t afford any more time off as it is. So it looks like if I do what she wants and wait, I wont be able to start ordering my dress until mid August.
I don’t know what to do. I mean, we made these plans 3 weeks ago, shouldn’t she have guaranteed the time off three weeks ago and not just asked for it? And I’ve let it be known I am paying for the dress anyways so money isn’t a real factor in this so I wonder what the real reason is for cancelling. Sure we could reschedule for August, it would cut my time pretty close custom making the dress then all the fittings, but what happens if she cancels again? And the fact that she just goes ahead and cancels without talking to me upsets me as well.
I’ve debated on asking my fmil if she wants to go just us two on the 7th, reschedule for that day, but I know my mom would take it personally. Supposedly she’s been waiting “25 years” for this. I don’t want to become bridezilla and hurt her, but I don’t want this to be all about her which is what it’s seeming to be. I need to have my dress ordered and planned to by the middle of July, not the middle of August. Am I just being bridezilla here in being upset? I just don’t know… Eck… Help please!!!