(Closed) Mom kills intruder after 911 says “do what you have to do” – news story

posted 8 years ago in Legal
Post # 17
1429 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

OMG that poor sweet girl. Her husband died on Christmas day and on New years eve she had to shoot and kill an intruder?

Her life will never be the same. What a brave girl! My motherly instincs are so proud of her!

Post # 18
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Oh wow. What an amazing woman. I applaud her for doing what she had to do. My question is she was on the phone for 20 minutes with 911 while 2 men tried to break into her home, where were the police? Why did it take so long for them to get there?

I hope 2012 brings her good things. Obviously other than her sweet son there wasn’t much joy in 2011.

Post # 20
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I would have done the same thing and not thought twice about it! I am glad I live in a state with the castle law becuase I would not hesitate to pull a gun on someone that was threatening my family. 

Post # 22
2950 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

She had every right. I would of done the same thing in a heartbeat. I back her decision 100%

Post # 23
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

awww 🙁 that poor woman. Good for her for shooting that man. I only hope I would have the balls to do the same if I were in her shoes.

Post # 24
1697 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I did see this story. yup, she did the right thing and with a 12 gauge shot gun? dang! Those are not easy guns to handle!

Post # 25
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I can’t believe this girl is 18 and has already married, had a baby, dealt with cancer, become a widow, and killed a man. Talk about a hard life!

Post # 26
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

That is the weirdest thing I have heard. And I hope never to have to go through that myself.

Why were the intruders trying to steal the medication? That’s the ‘weird’ part….

Post # 27
1488 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Kudos to her. I would have done the same thing. And not thought twice about it.

Post # 28
5147 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

She did what she needed to do to protect herself and her family, I’m glad that she had a way to effectively defend herself, the story could have been very different if she didn’t.

When seconds matter, the police are minutes away.

Post # 29
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

Good for her protecting herself and her family.

Post # 30
1089 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Wow! I feel so bad for her, having to be in that situation. I am glad that she isn’t getting charged or anything! That is awesome! She did what she had to do and I wouldn’t have done any differently.

Post # 31
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

@Sasha2011: He probably has some sort of opiate based pain pills…

The topic ‘Mom kills intruder after 911 says “do what you have to do” – news story’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors