(Closed) Mom trying to change my mind about the date

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I vote for less stressful time of year. Right before the wedding will already be a stressful time, make it a tad easier on yourself!

Too hot for a summer wedding?  Are you in Northern California? 😀

Post # 4
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I waited 7rs. for my proposal also..lol.. & we have been engaged for almost 3 yrs. now. Our Wedding is going to be a Fall wedding…October 20, 2012. It would be nice to have it when you are less likely to be stressed…plus you could use the extra time to plan out everything perfectly! On the other hand, if your Fiance doesn’t care either way & you think you will be real antsy having to wait that long…then have it when you want! My Fiance & I have been together so long that we feel like we are married anyways…lol!

Post # 5
395 posts
Helper bee

Could you have it six months sooner and do fall 2012?

If I have to wait seven years for my engagement I would sure be annoyed at having to wait another two. I hope you can reach a compromise.

Post # 6
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

If you think you’ll be REALLY stressed handling it all by yourself (like you aren’t having a planner/coordinator and nobody in your circle of family and friends is going to do any serious helping), I say wait the extra 6 months and do it when you’ll be relaxed. But if you have a great support system and know everything will be taken care of, do it early!

The topic ‘Mom trying to change my mind about the date’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors