- 6 years ago
My mother is driving me insane. My wedding is a year and a half away and she is already trying to control every aspect of it. She had absolutely no say in my sister or my brother’s weddings so she is taking it out on me. I’m the youngest of three kids, I’m 21 and my two siblings are 31 and 32.
Just in the past week:
– *SIL suggests me getting contacts for my wedding (I wear glasses all the time, I’m blind), asks me what I’m doing for hair and makeup* My mom: “SHE ISN’T WEARING CONTACTS! SHE ISN’T GETTING HER HAIR OR MAKEUP DONE! I DIDN’T HAVE MY HAIR AND MAKEUP DONE! I THINK IT’S SO STUPID THAT WOMEN MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK DIFFERENT ON THEIR WEDDING DAY!!! YOU SHOULD LOOK THE WAY YOU LOOK EVERY DAY!!!” The rant goes on and on. This rant has been going on for weeks, since I bought my dress.
– I want some vegetarian or vegan food at my wedding since I am a vegetarian. I have been getting shit from her DAILY about how “PEOPLE ONLY WANT MEAT AT WEDDINGS! THEY ARE EXPECTING MEAT! (they are getting it, it’s going to be a buffet they can skip it if they want). Well, today my lovely sister decided to tell her what vegan means. I came home and she instantly starts screaming “VEGAN MEANS NO DAIRY! OR EGGS! WE AREN’T HAVING THAT SHIT FOR FOOD! YOU CAN HAVE YOUR STUPID VEGETARIAN SHIT IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BUT WE AREN’T HAVING VEGAN SHIT! IT’S DISGUSTING!” -makes gagging sounds- I mentioned the fact that she has NEVER HAD ANYTHING VEGAN AND BESIDES THE ONLY THING MAKING IT VEGAN IS ABSENCE OF DAIRY AND EGGS and she just continued screaming that it is “fucking disgusting shit” on and on.
– I want chinese food. Maybe not the whole menu chinese, but I want sushi and some chinese food (we’re doing catering). She hates chinese food, and pretty much every food ever made except for Mcdonalds and chicken parm. This is another endless rant from her,
– “YOU NEED TO HAVE A RUM WEDDING CAKE! I HAD A RUM WEDDING CAKE!”
– She wants me to change my colors. They are pink and black. I wear black everyday. I like pink. “BLACK IS DISGUSTING BLEH YOU NEED TO PICK SPRING COLORS!” My wedding isn’t going to be in spring. “AND PINK IS A RETARDED COLOR WHY DO YOU WANT PINK”
– She has been randomly buying things without asking me if I want or need it. Some stuff is okay, but today she brought home a BJ’s size pack of red cups. For beer. For my wedding. Red cups!!! What the hell?! It’s not a college party!
The list goes on and on. My mother if you can’t tell by her spazzing, has bi-polar and is un medicated, because medication makes you crazy and not care about anything. I swear I’m going to strangle her.
I’m moving out for good after me and him graduate college in May. Hopefully I can move pretty far away so she can leave me alone. Me and him are about to elope to get away. But I already have the dress and a pinterest full of crafts to make. Ugh.
Does anyone have any tips for dealing with her until then? Has anyone else had to deal with a momzilla?