- 4 years ago
Wondering if anyone else is having problems with a momzilla ?
I never imagined this would be happening to me on my wedding, but looking back on it now I should have seen it coming. My mom has always been very controlling and always wants to be the loudest and the centre of attention. She is the kind if person that will talk for you and not let you get a word in.
Well here we go…..these are the current momzilla issues we are having
1. I am not having a bridal party because I want a simple wedding that is all about me and my fiancé. She has asked me if she can be my bridesmaid !!! When I said that I don’t want bridesmaids and that I would like her to sit down and enjoy the wedding as the mother of the bride, she started pushing it and when I continued to say no she started being rude and telling me I was upsetting her ect…
2. After number one, I said how about my brothers stand up with me and my fiance. She was happy with this idea until I said we should go out and hire some black suits for them. Oh no…she is not having them wear black suits ! My fiancé is wearing grey and I explained I want him to be looking different and I would like the others to wear black suits. Well that ended in an argument as she will not have them wearing black…..so they now miss out on being apart of the wedding because she is insane.
3. we went for a wedding tasting last weekend, we are having 3 courses and there is lots of lovely food. There will be bread on the table for people to snack on like normal..however momzilla doesn’t want these to be bread because she doesn’t want to eat it. I said I like it and I want to eat it and maybe people would like to have some. It’s a normal thing to have bread and I think it makes a nice ice braker if people are just sitting at a table waiting for food to come.
Well…no no no….she told me I was uncultured, trying to over do it, and that Less is more and that I don’t have over do everything…umm it’s just bread, not really a big deal. This ended with her hanging up the phone on me because I wouldn’t give in to her way.
4. I don’t want to many decorations for the ceremony, because we are having it in a beautiful garden and I want it natural. She wants decorations I said I don’t, she said she will do it anyway
5. She has given me a list of 39 songs to be played at the reception….do you know that’s like 2-3 hours of music……
6. She is making my cake…and will not make the flavor I want. She is making a traditional fruit cake, which I will not eat because I hate fruit cake and she is very aware of this.
That’s all I can think of right now…keep in mind my fiancé and I are paying for the whole wedding.
Any stories about your momzillas will make me feel a lot better lol…and advice would be great.
I’m just trying to keep calm and not fight with her. In the end I have the final say and I know that.