(Closed) Monday July 3, 3017 Wedding Date

posted 4 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
9900 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

It might be for some people and it won’t for others. Personally, I wouldn’t pick a Monday for a wedding or a holiday weekend (many people having standing plans for holidays like the 4th of July). 

Post # 3
7448 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

It’s not an automatic holiday for the government. 

Post # 4
498 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

That’s my wedding day this year 🙂

Post # 5
586 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

camette:  Both my fiance and I get Tuesday, July 4 off, but we have to work that Monday. For a lot of people, days off around holidays are harder to get. They might have to trade days off around another, larger family holiday to be able to get that Monday off. 

Post # 6
6889 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

camette: Most companies would be working Monday July3rd since the 4th is a Tuesday.  

Post # 7
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2016

I don’t know whether many people will have the day off (most probably won’t, but some might, it depends on the workplace and employer), but I think it sounds like a great day for a wedding either way. We’re getting married on a Monday and it’s been fine so far. We’ve had one person complain (I just nodded and smiled, and she later apologized for her rudeness) and a few people RSVP’d no for school or work, but that’s fine…that probably would’ve been the case even with a Saturday wedding, a lot of people we know work Saturdays (ie. most everyone in retail, and a lot of people in the medical field have to work weekends, among others) so there was no magical day to guarantee that everyone could come. We are understanding of those who can’t go and very grateful to those who have arranged their schedules so that they can, just like we would be if we had a traditional Saturday wedding. Our Monday wedding also saves us a lot of money with the venue and some vendors, plus none of the vendors we wanted were booked up because Mondays are rarely filled up. Our guest list looks like it’ll be exactly the size we were hoping for, even though it’s a Monday. Our wedding is a daytime wedding so people won’t have to go to work the next day exhausted, but that wouldn’t be an issue with you guys since people will mostly have the 4th of July off. If you like the date, I’d say go for it! 🙂 

Post # 8
1888 posts
Buzzing bee

In most “traditional” jobs I’ve worked, we were expected to be in the office the day before the fourth of July. At most, I’ve gotten a half day off. Are your guests local? If so, an evening wedding would probably not be a big inconvenience. If they are traveling, this could be really difficult.

Post # 9
4579 posts
Honey bee

camette:  For most people, I do not think they will get July 3rd off. Most likely, they will only have July 4th off. Weekday weddings can be tricky.

Post # 10
1412 posts
Bumble bee

Most people will not have that day off.

I’m also not a fan of brides making guests use vacation days to attend their wedding OR brides who pick a holiday weekend. To me this says ‘My vision is more important that my guests’ convenience’ which is rude.

Post # 11
1833 posts
Buzzing bee

Yeah that is not a holiday for most people at all. It is a highly sought after vacation time so it could be hard for many to even get it.

Post # 12
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m a teacher now so I’m obviously off that time of year, but before I worked for the school system I remember how much of a fight it was to get the day before or after July 4th off if it was a Tuesday or a Thursday so you could have a full long weekend. So no, I don’t think you can assume most people have it off. 

Post # 13
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Most people will not get July 3 off.  I work for the government and we get every random obscure holiday off, and we still don’t get July 3 off.  I agree with PP that it’s pretty presumptuous to assume people will take their hard earned days off to attend your wedding and you’ll probably get a lot of declines.

Post # 14
9332 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

i work for the federal government.  if july 4th falls on a weekday, we get july 4th off.  if july 4th falls on a weekend, we get either the monday or friday depending.

i would not assume that your guests will also take off on monday.  also, many people make plans for holiday weekends and espeically with the 4th being a tuesday, people may take that monday as vacation as themselves to go away and not to a wedding.

Post # 15
732 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I think it depends where most of your guests work.  I work in theatre and a LOT of my colleagues get married on a Monday because that’s the normal day off we have.  But I’m getting married on a Saturday because our guest list only has a few of my industry friends on it.

The topic ‘Monday July 3, 3017 Wedding Date’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors