(Closed) Monique Lhuillier Sonnet Dress Fall 2013 Collection – My Dress- Need Advice

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 5
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Very pretty! I so suckered in and paid $400 for my belt lol yes look elsewhere!

Post # 7
2297 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

what a beautiful dress! more importantly – you look amazing in it! happy sash hunting ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
Hostess
11113 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Kristine9181:  Congrats!! Love the first sash

Post # 10
3371 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Gorgeous dress! Definitely etsy, or if you want a designer one – keep an eye out on the preowned sites as well as eBay. I quite often see Monique and Vera Wang sashes come up on eBay for a fraction of their retail price.

Post # 12
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Kristine9181: Very pretty dress! I always dreamed of a Monique! While $1k is a lot for a sash, I wouldn’t pair a beautiful, high-quality dress with something too cheap. If you want something less expensive, I would look at consignment shops but PLEASE don’t pair it with something too cheap!

Post # 14
1148 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Kristine9181:  I chose Oscar de la Renta 33N64. Totally different style, but still on the lighter/sleeker side. It was my first love since I first started even looking online and I just couldnt shake it!! Tough choices.

Post a pic when you find your sash!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
732 posts
Busy bee

That is a STUNNING DRESS!!

As for the sash, try Etsy! Many sellers make gorgeous custom sashes that look boutique-y and expensive but cost hundreds less than you can get at a boutique. I actually bought my sash at a boutique, and I’m having a bit of price regret because I could have saved about $150 buying one on Etsy ๐Ÿ™

Post # 16
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I absolulty love this dress! I plan on going to one more bridal store just to “make sure” this is the “one”. But I love the lace detailing and how comfortable and light it is! it also looks wayyyy better in person than on the model. 

I definitly agree this gown needs a sash. I must have tried on 20 sashes at the store and would love to see what you wind up picking! Also, are you going with a long veil or short veil? Lace or no lace?

The topic ‘Monique Lhuillier Sonnet Dress Fall 2013 Collection – My Dress- Need Advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors