Post # 1
My boyfriend asked me to marry him two weeks ago and gave me my BEAUTIFUL ring on Easter Sunday! I’m so happy!
I had posted earlier about my anxiety over a big, traditional wedding. It turns out that my fiancé feels the same way! We decided that we want to elope this summer and have a post elopement reception next year with the family. We love the idea of having a romantic, private ceremony and a less stressful, less forced party afterwards.
We live on Long Island and want to elope in Montauk this August. I have no idea how to plan an elopement! How do I secure a ceremony space? What types of ceremony spaces are even available for elopements? Will I be able to get a wedding gown and a photographer on such short notice? What logistics go into planning the elopement? how do I accomplish everything in a four month timeline??
any advice on how to make our dream wedding by the sea a reality would be much apprciated!
Post # 2
2. Google ceremony spaces in Montauk, ask questions, find one you like and put in a deposit
3. You can always be wed on the beach without securing a space, ask city hall what the process is
4. Look into gowns now, custom made might not be possible. I bought mine on an online sample sale, they were cleaned and arrived in 2 weeks. Alterations wil take a few weeks depending where you go
5. Look at weddingwire for photographers. Also, venues usually give you a preferred vendor list
6. You can, make a master list, detail from there and be organized!
7. Good luck, happy planning!!
Post # 3
https://bridal-expressions.com, this was the easiest for me. Plus shipping is free and full refunds if you change your mind. Ok, I sound a like shameless plug now. (Swear I just had a great experiance). You can always go to alfred angelo or davids, their shipping is quick too. I’m a sucker for a sale
Post # 4
Thank you theatrejulia! This was so helpful!
Post # 5
Only thing I would say is… If you need a hotel/house book now. Or yesterday. It’s just so packed and expensive out east in peak season. I would really consider September… It’ll be so much quieter and cheaper and more comfortable temp wise.
dress, you have time to order or you can buy off the rack. If you’re close to sample size you could hit the kleinfelds sample sale and get it altered!
Photog… You will just have to start calling. Sept is really popular wedding month in NY so that might be a tricky part, August is easier. But if you consider doing it on a week day you will have way more vendor choices!
First I would figure out how much you want to spend on this and go from there. You could always get married at the national park near the lighthouse! That’d be free/cheap and gorgeous!
i love montauk… My guy planned to propose there. He ended up chickening out because “the ring box bulged in his jeans” lol and proposed the day we got back home.