(Closed) Mori Lee 1241 or Allure 8966 PIC HEAVY! :) Come in and help me decide :)!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What should i do!!
    Stay safe and order the mori lee dress you tried on. : (41 votes)
    51 %
    Order Blind and go for the Mori Lee 1241 : (26 votes)
    32 %
    Order Blind and go for the allure 8966 : (14 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 3
    12247 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

I would buy the Mori Lee dress blind!

Post # 4
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Did you check order dates on these dresses?  My Allure dress is now ready to ship and was ordered in mid Sept.  Not sure if they do rush fees.

Post # 6
    4436 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

They are all so pretty- great silhouette for your figure (congrats on baby!). I love #2, but any of them would be amazing i think:)

Post # 8
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

@mummyb:  I think you look great in the one you tried on!  I tried on a very similiar beaded gown bodice (your second picture).  I thought I would love it on..but it fit  my shape a bit odd and when I sat down..the whole bodice sort of shifted/moved up (on me, it was kind of like a tube wrapped around my mid section.  All of the beading made it stiffer and not around my curves, if that made any sense.  I thought I would absolutely love it and when I tried on dresses, it didn’t make the first cut!  I also have a short waist though and it doesn’t look like you do, so maybe you wouldn’t havce that same issue.  It’s a gorgeous dress…I think you would look great in all of them.  I can’t believe you just had  a baby, you look great.   Hey, just a thought, you might want to get a dress with a corset back because if you are going to keep dropping weight, you may be too small for whatever size you order when it comes in and a corset back would give you some wiggle room as far as that would go.  I mean, that top dress almost fits you…not sure how much further you need to go with dropping baby weight (doesn’t look like you need to at all lol) but if you dropped even a little that first one would fit you and I think that beaded one probably has a zipper back.  Just a thought though!!!!  I still can’t believe you  just had a baby.  That is amazing.  I’m getting married 10/5 and I’m at the point where I have to order a dress or make the wedding for next spring lol..so be careful about where you order from because I’m already being told I’m cutting it close.  Some of the gowns I’m looking at might not be in until 8/9 the way it is so I assume  you will be in the same boat!!

Post # 9
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

@mummyb:  Sorry, I didn’t even answer your question.  Out of the 2 pics you were considering, I’d go with the second.   I think it looks softer and curvier and would look amazing on you. πŸ™‚

Post # 10
    464 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I like the second one.  When I see the first one, I think of lace spandex;  the top doesn’t have any substance (I know a big part of it is the model).  The bustline looks a little strange too, perhaps due to the model, but hard to say.

Honestly the one you tried on to check the lines of the dress is very nice too.

Post # 11
    10453 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

Stick with the first one! It looks great on you and I like it better than the other 2 anyway. 

Post # 12
    557 posts
    Busy bee

I also tried on the second dress and it was one of the top choices. However, I didn’t get it in the end because I found one that I liked better. It also depends on your venue, the first one is great for an outdoor, rustic or beach wedding, also a day wedding. The second and third are more for formal weddings in my opinion (especially the second one because of the bling:)).

I don’t think you would have a fitting problem, they were actually quite flattering and we have similar body types. But you really have to be aware that the “fluffy” stuff at the bottom is pretty wide!

Post # 14
    Hostess
    11113 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

@mummyb:  The one you tried on looks fabulous

Post # 15
    11 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2013

HI, I dont know if your wedding has already passed as the dates on the comments are all over the place.  I also ordered the Mori Lee dress (blind) and I absolutely LOVE mine! It fits perfect and was not too flashy. My wedding is next weekend and I cant wait to wear it in front of all my family and friends πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘Mori Lee 1241 or Allure 8966 PIC HEAVY! :) Come in and help me decide :)!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors