(Closed) Mori Lee 1508 – HELP! Change to Bottom?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
454 posts
Helper bee

I’m sure that something could be added to it to make it look how you want it to.  There are some very talented seamstresses out there!  And it looks gorgeous on you, btw.

Post # 3
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - On a Cliff Overlooking the Bay, Florida

Grahamvis:  You can add crinolin under it so it fluff’s out more thats what i’m doing with mine. My alterations lady is just adding 2 layers so i don’t need to buy a Peticoat.

They could add lace apliques to the skirt to give it a little something and make it a one of a kind dress!

Post # 4
4073 posts
Honey bee

Totally understand what you are saying.  As bee above suggests, more puff needed.  A few extra layerso f tulle underneath should do the trick.  But boy,oh boy…don’t you look damn good in it!

Post # 5
1198 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

i bought this dress! agree with the others that you will probably feel differently once you add more volume at the bottom. i got a hoop skirt to poof it out, mainly because i was terrified it would tangle between my legs. you can find cheap ones easily, mine was from lightinthebox. 

Post # 6
112 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Grahamvis:  the fit and flare crinoline from DB worked wonders on this!! I WAS HAVING THE SAME REMORSE AS YOU!  The slip makes such a difference and it was only like $50.

Post # 10
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Surrey, BC, Canada

I have no idea for how to change the way it falls but I just wanted to say it looks SO AMAZING on you!!! Wow!! What a knockout! You should definitely keep this dress because it’s awesome.

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2017

MOk so I am in the EXACT same boat as you and I am so glad I am not the only one.  I LOVE the way it looks online but I feel like the bottom falls flat.  So much that I have started looking at other dresses…and pretty much driving myself and everybody around me crazy.  Were you able to get a hoop? If so, do you have a photo? Sorry…I am going nuts. 

Post # 12
1410 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
megankateher :  This is an old post so they probably won’t reply!

If it helps, I wore the Maggie Sottero Lacey. It is a very similar dress – most people wouldn’t see the difference- but the flare starts a bit higher and the skirt is much, much fuller. It’s a similar price to the Mori Lee 5108 which I also tried on but when I put on the Maggie the skirt felt way more princessy and special. You could either add layers underneath, or swap for the Maggie if you can resell your Mori Lee and budget allows.

You can do a weddingbee search of this dress to see real brides in it. The model photos are not so helpful as she is about 6 foot 3.

Post # 14
112 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Jaime1616 :  the first and flare slip from davids bridal really helped ! I ordered in online 

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2017

View original reply
Jaime1616 :  You look perfect!!! Wow…I really love this.  AND I think you just talked me off my ledge.  THANK YOU!!!  Seriously..you look stunning. 

The topic ‘Mori Lee 1508 – HELP! Change to Bottom?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors