(Closed) Mori Lee 1602 vs Mori Lee Blu 4814

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

@CrispyRN:  I don’t have any advice for you…but, wanted you to know that you’ll look devine!  I do prefer your figure in the gown on the right, but the gown on the left!  Good luck!!!

Post # 5
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I really like the 1602 on you.

Honestly, the main change from zipper to corset will be the amount of cinching you get. Other than that, it won’t alter the dress much. You will definitely get a more hourglass shape with a corset, as long as the dress has the structure to support it (which most wedding dresses do). Do it if that’s what you want.

Post # 6
535 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I think you look MUCH TALLER in 4814. I prefer it, personally. But I think the corset back would look good in the dress you want.

Post # 7
Hostess
23620 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love how much more soft the dress on the right looks!

Post # 8
3167 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

honestly, when you get the dress in in your size, then it’ll fit how it’s supposed to (more like the one on the right). a sample wont fit perfectly! if you like 1602, you should get it! you may not need a corset anyway – you can always get shapewear instead – a properly sized dress will make the most difference. personally, while i find the skirt on the 4814 interesting, i like the simplicity (and lace) on 1602 better. and, since you said you like the actual 1602 dress better, you should go for that!

Post # 9
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

The second one looks like it hits your body in the right places.

Post # 10
929 posts
Busy bee

I am also a mori lee bride. I am having the zipper changed into a corset too. I wont know for another two weeks if it worked out or not, but the alterations lady didnt seem to think there was a problem. I think both dresses are beautiful, but agree that the 2nd pic just hits your shape better.

Post # 12
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

As a bride who also considered trying the 1602, I prefer the other dress still. I like where the crystal beading hits you better on the dress a little higher to really define your waist. I also like the balance of the ruffled bottom over the smootheness of the 1602 which is more plain to me. I also don’t like the bow as much as I do the design of the other dress. The flowers balance the beaded top better.

Post # 13
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Double post. Also, u might want to add a poll to get more input?

Post # 14
929 posts
Busy bee

I got the Mori Lee 4163:

I will be sure to post after the alterations are finished 🙂

Post # 15
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

This is without a petticoat – I love the 4814!  I think it looks better on you, too!  😉

Post # 16
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011 - Brock House Restaurant, Vancouver

My seamstress did a great job converting my zipper back dress into a corset back.  You would have never known that the change was made.  It can definitely be done!

The topic ‘Mori Lee 1602 vs Mori Lee Blu 4814’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors