(Closed) Mori Lee 1813

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@rodapt – I would especially love to see you in it as I am a bridal size 4 as well!

Post # 18
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@rodapt:  Just curious if you’ve got any more pics to share with the dress in your size???  I’m just about to purchase this dress, but I’m worried about the back (I’d like it to be a little more open and a little lower).  I’m typically a size 2 and I’ve only been able to try on a plus size 18!  So I really don’t have a great idea of where things will hit.  This pics here (that both you and kasmal posted) make the back of the dress look amazing, but in the pics on the model from Mori Lee, I don’t like the back as much.  I’d appreciate any help any of you ladies can give me, I’m down to the wire on making a dress decision!!!

Post # 19
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I tried this dress and its gorgeous.  The sample I tried was huge so i couldnt get a clear idea how it would look. When you ladies tried it on, was it quiet fitted/tight around the bottom/thigh area? Do you think it flares out a bit too much at the bottom or was it because of the size of the dress i tried on? Also what length did you get the dress in? I am about 5’3 and probably wearing 2-3″ shoes. Any advice would be great.

Post # 20
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi, i just bought my own yesterday, but i guess i’m not the only one who wants a lower back! i  i would  try to make the arrangements, but also love the keyhole in the back that was what i was looking for, the thing with the dress, i guess, is that you can wear the sleeves or use it strapless so it’s like two dresses in one, but if i have the alterations the strappless wouldn’t work, so what do you think? any alterations on yours?

Post # 21
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

For those who are asking I paid $1,098 for it but I’m planning to make several changes that I’m afraid what it will total to.

I’m a street size 2-4 and I ordered the mori lee on size 6 and its the perfect size for me in the chest and waist area. However, I have small hips so the hip area is a bit loose and I’m still debating if its needs adjusted or not.  I definitely want to tighten the upper leg area to get more fit and flare/trumpet silhoutte in there.

AND then I need to have it hemmed. I’m very petite (4’11”) and I ordered the 55inches and I still have to have couple of inches cut off which the seamstress said would probably around $200.  So its either I get 6in heels (which I’m seriously considering daffodle strass christian louboutin) or get it hemmed.  If I could just be taller ๐Ÿ™

And then I want the back lowered and the sleeves adjusted.  I feel like the cap sleeves are too big for my small shoulders.  

See what I mean about the problems of being petite? I think I keep our local alteration in business.  I have not taken the dress to her because I’m still trying to decide on the shoes.  I already have a pair of benjamin adams charlize but I’m thinking of getting some CL daffodile strass replica since its higher.  

I still love the dress especially paired with my lace edged cathedral veil, just needs some adjustments to get what i want.  Here are some picts pre alteration

See when I said the sleeves are too big for me?  I love them though, they are very different in person compared to online picts.  They’re very sparkly

Post # 22
10 posts
Newbee

@rodapt:  

You look amazing in that dress.

Are you planning to wear anything under the dress eg crinoline? I know when i tried on the dress, there was a few layers already built in near the hem, which i thought made the dress flare out too much and looked stiff. But I dont see that in your photos, it looks great and thats the look i want.

Post # 23
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We’re about to put a deposit on this dress! I’m very excited about it. Other keyhole backs irritated by skin (alfred angelo 854), so I am so excited that the cap sleeves are removable! They quoted me $1050, is that a good price?

How much does Mori Lee charge for a shorter dress? I’m about 5’1′. I was planning on wearing 4 inch heels. The bridal store isn’t sure if I’m too short for the short size– meaning I’d have to pay double (for the short version and for alterations). Anyone in the same situation? 

Post # 24
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi Everybody!!! I just got married this past weekend and now the wedding planning is over I can now breathe easily and start answering posts again ๐Ÿ˜‰  I ended up just wearing crinoline underneath so I don’t have to get it Hemmed.  THe lace are so intricate that I’m afraid the dress will get ruined.  The only aleteration I got was to lower the back and tighten it in the hips area.  I kept the sleeves as it is since the alteration lady said its impossible to make it smaller but I didn’t mind it anyway.  I hope the pictures help.

Post # 25
51 posts
Worker bee

Gorgeous! You looked beautiful!

Post # 26
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@rodapt:  Hi there, what height are you if you don’t mind me asking?  And what length of dress did you get?  I am 5ft 1″, wearing 5″ heels but have been told I need the 61″ dress.  I am worried that the hoop I get will not lift it hight enough to stop me tripping over it?????  You look absolutely beautiful in the dress, it’s stunning!!!!

Post # 27
51 posts
Worker bee

@Leeann13

I definitely don’t think that you need a 61 inch dress @ 5-1. The dress would be as tall as you! That’s absolutely crazy! It would likely be 6 inches too long with your heels. So, you would need major hemming. I don’t think crinoline would help.

I am 5-1, and I ordered the short size (55inches). I could wear 5 inch heels with it, but I will likely do 4inch + crinoline. I think that the 55 inch one would be the best option for you. If you are worried, do the 58 inch. I wore 4 inch heels with the 58 inch and still had 3-4 inches to spare.

Post # 28
10 posts
Newbee

I received my dress today and I’m super excited.

Post # 29
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Is there anyone who would like to sell me just the sleeves from their 1813 mori lee dress?

Post # 30
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’m posting a new with tags sample dress on eBay todayof anyone looking happens to see this I’m starting the bidding at 399.00 for a size 12 mori lee ivory wedding gown. 

Post # 31
51 posts
Worker bee

Do you think a modesty piece in the sweetheart could work for this dress? Maybe adding net  in the deep sweetheart section, sewing the lace applique on it, then adding the beading?  I’ve also thought about asking her if she (alterations lady) to sew up the last scallop to be closed and cover it with the beading thats already there.  I feel like she’ll look at me like I’m crazy. 

The smaller size (not sample) is a little low cut on me since I’m busty and petite, and I’m afraid alterations (1/2 inch too big in the bust) will make it worse. I would be fine dealing with it more low cut since its not too bad… but making grandma happy would be best ๐Ÿ™‚ 

The topic ‘Mori Lee 1813’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors