(Closed) Mori Lee 2411 or Maggie Sottero Anastasia? What do you think?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: MoriLee 2411 or Maggie Sottero Anastasia
    MoriLee2411 : (5 votes)
    36 %
    Anastasia : (9 votes)
    64 %
  • Post # 3
    3788 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

It’s hard without seeing them on you. For example, where on your torso will the waist detail on the Mori Lee hit? They are similarly slim shapes so that is a little easier to visualize but things look so differently on everyone. I have tried the Anastasia on as well and loved it, and there are ways to get it cheaper — buy used, price cheaper stores like Pearl’s Place and either buy from them or use it to negotiate at your local bridal shop. I do love the hem detail of the Mori Lee, though, and I think both would be appropriate for a garden ceremony. I don’t know that I have been much help, but good luck!

Post # 4
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I am 99% sure that I’m also going to buy a dress that I have never tried on.  My advice would be to try on different Mori Lee gowns in the same style to see where the details will fall (as Amaryllis suggested). 

I am going to be a Maggie bride, in large part because of the amazing fit and little need for alterations.  I think fit is so important.  I would go with the Maggie, it’s more of a sure thing, plus it is so classic and beautiful!!!

Post # 5
    53 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Oooh, I really like that Maggie.  I’ve never seen that before, and it is so pretty!  I think it would be great for a garden ceremony– organza skirts have such a light flow. 

Post # 6
    53 posts
    Worker bee

also, on the morilee– would one of the shops, if they carry that designer, ask the manufacturer to borrow a sample for you to try on?  or do that for a small fee that you could apply to the dress if you buy it or another one from them?

Post # 7
    53 posts
    Worker bee

lastly, sorry for not thinking it all through before posting…

Looking at the Mori Lee again, duchess satin tends to be a heavy fabric, so that is something to think about.  very different than organza.

you might also want to think about the cost of alterations, if you’re short like I am.  i’m not sure which would cost more, so you’d have to consult a tailor. I was at a shop today, and looking at lace dresses on sample sale, and the saleslady kept telling me that it would be a lot (like more than $400) or impossible to shorten them.  I don’t know how true that is.  But you’d think she’d just be trying to sell me the dress, so…

The topic ‘Mori Lee 2411 or Maggie Sottero Anastasia? What do you think?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors