(Closed) MORI LEE 4816 GOWN- Busty girls

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

🙁 sorry you’re feeling down. Sorry i’m not a mori lee bride, but don’t worry, dresses can ALWAYS be altered for YOUR body. Did you go to the salon to try on. I would definitely do that and have a conversation with a streamstress there about it.

Post # 5
1274 posts
Bumble bee

I’m not busty by any means, but I chose a Mori Lee gown with a sweetheart neckline as well (Mori Lee 3106) and was assured by the bridal salon that it would be altered to fit me like a glove. I have bigger hips and smaller chest so they have to order the size to fit my hips but will have to alter the bust/cup area a LOT. I am almost positive that they could order you a size that would fit in the bust perfectly and then alter the skirt to fit you (if you’re not the same size according the gown sizing chart). The fact that the one you chose also has a corset back will really help too – keeps the ladies in their place! Tongue Out

You may have already done this so it might not be of any help to you…but I did a quick search in Louisiana to find retailers that carry Mori Lee this is what I came up with…are any of these closeish by you? 

RETAILERS NEAR louisiana

BIRD’S NEST

4309 MONROE HWY 
BALL, LA 71405

PHONE: (318) 640-9799
GET MAP AND DIRECTIONS

• * BRIDALS
  • * HOMECOMING / PARTY / COCKTAIL

BIRD’S NEST

4309 MONROE HWY 
BALL (PINEVILLE), LA 71405

PHONE: (318) 640-9799
GET MAP AND DIRECTIONS

• * BRIDALS
  • * BRIDESMAIDS
  • * PROM

BRITT’S BOUTIQUE

332 CENTER ST. 
MARKSVILLE, LA 71351

PHONE: (318) 253-7998
GET MAP AND DIRECTIONS

• * BRIDALS
  • * BRIDESMAIDS
  • * FLOWERGIRLS

FLORITA’S AT WINDSOR COURT

2371 S. MACARTHUR DRIVE 
ALEXANDRIA, LA 71301

PHONE: (318) 487-9499
GET MAP AND DIRECTIONS

• * BRIDALS
  • * BRIDESMAIDS
  • * PROM
  • * FLOWERGIRLS

THE FORMAL PLACE

3437 MASONIC DRIVE 
ALEXANDRIA, LA 71301

PHONE: (318) 473-9111
WEB SITE: http://www.theformalplace.com
GET MAP AND DIRECTIONS

Post # 7
607 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Tclause:  Not sure what your budget is, but one thought would be to order the dress in your waist size, and get a good seamstress to create the top for you from scratch.  It may not be as expensive as you think.  Call around.  There are a lot of brides on here who have kept either the top or bottom of a stock dress and had the top or bottom (respectively) custom made because they wanted something different or like your case, fit was an issue.

Post # 8
1274 posts
Bumble bee

Oh I understand. You’ve tried on the same neckline then. I wonder if the seamstresses there could do something about the cups, by adding extra fabric to build the neckline up a little in the front and create a new “dip” or changing the way the top of the dress is made. It frustrates me on your part that they don’t have a sample in your size or one bigger of the dress you like.  

I guess alternately, you could go the custom dress route with a local seamstress if you are struggling to find something but know exactly the style you want… 

Post # 9
8424 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am a Dirty Delete in size and I know it’s not the same size as you bu I would say I am busty as well…..Just to give you an idea…I am a street size 6….The place I ordered my dress measured me at a 8 dress size every where but I measured to be betw 10-12 in the bust area so I had to go up a few sizes to accomodate…..

My dress is Mori lee as well….. so it is do-able with a larger chest you will prob have to buy the dress to fit your chest and then alter the other areas! Don’t get down on yourself….rem it’s your day and you will be beautiful in the end….trust me I tried on a million dresses at 8 different stores before I found the one!

Post # 11
1562 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

It really sounds like a custom dress might be your solution.  can you find a seamstress who is willing to take the style you want and make a custom dress fit for you?  Given the style of the skirt, a Chinese Replica designer might be good for you.

Post # 13
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@Tclause:  I’ve done it, and the dress came back super crappy. If you DO do it, DO YOUR HOMEWORK (i didnt). I’ve heard nothing but great things about millybridal, and some other one. I’d definitely go with a shop that sends you pictures of your dress “in process”.

Post # 14
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Hi there! I am definately not a busty girl. But I did wear the Mori Lee 4816 for my wedding and one of the things I liked about the dress was that it wasn’t low cut or too revealing in the bust area. I was married in a Catholic church and did want to more inapprorpriate than I already felt wearing a strapless less. So I would think the dress could nicely accomodate what you are lucky to have!! Good luck!

I will be posting more pictures of my dress at http://www.ilovechampagne.blogspot.com

Post # 15
3141 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Post # 16
3141 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

The topic ‘MORI LEE 4816 GOWN- Busty girls’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors