(Closed) Mori Lee 5108 sizing help please!! Ordering online from Australia

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
192 posts
Blushing bee

This is a corset, definetly order the 8. The sample size I tried on was actually my street size and fit relatively well aside from the chest. I am proportionate and a 36dd so I’m guessing the chest is going to end up big regardless. I know nothing about alterations but I would say it would be the most important that this dress for your hips.  Also, I am 6′ and did not need extra length but also am not wearing heels. I would recommend it only of you’re wearing large heels. 

Post # 4
323 posts
Helper bee

I have the mori lee 5108, in UK sizes, the 12 was a perfect fit for me(and I’m a UK 12 with a proportionate body)so I think the sizing is quite accurate, you’ll have a degree of flexibility because of the corset back, because of this I actually decided to order the smaller UK size 10 as I was planning on losing a few pounds and it’s a better fit on my average sized chest, only slightly tighter on the hips than the 12 which I prefer & because of the corset back still fits my waist and back. You can’t go wrong with either the 6 or the 8 in my opinion, there will be very little difference in the hips. I’m 5’4 and the length is fine(sits on the floor)as long as I wear a hoop underskirt to lift the hem about 3 inches and wear 5 inch heels, so at 5’10 the dress will probably still be a couple inches long but I assume you’re wearing heels anyway?

Post # 6
192 posts
Blushing bee

janeee:  As far as the waist, while I am not very overweight I am definetly a curvy girl and I looked sooooo tiny in this dress. I literally looked like I lost 50lbs when I put it on!

Post # 7
323 posts
Helper bee

janeee:  If you want a small waist you’ll absolutely love this dress, it took inches off mine! I agree the tighter the better, and I made sure I could still sit down etc in the 10 so if I was you I would go for the 6, post some pics when it arrives! 🙂

Post # 9
323 posts
Helper bee

janeee:  I tried ivory but went for the white, there’s barely any difference but I’m having a destinations wedding and want my tan to pop in my dress! Some people said the white looked cheap but I really don’t think so it looks lovely and clean whereas the ivory was a little dull for me, I have some pics in a mori lee thread if you want to compare as I think most people choose ivory.

Post # 10
3042 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

I’m pretty sure I tried this on in the store in a US 10, which is pretty much my “normal size”. Although the size chart I found suggests I should wear a 12 according to measurements…. It’s possible the sample was streched. But with a corset back you should have some room if you’re ‘between sizes’. My waist is 31 and my hips are 41, small bust, 5’3.  

Have you tried a dress like this on before? I looked amazing in it… but I couldn’t walk. Couldn’t seperate my thighs. It was so uncomfortable. I waddled to the mirror and then waddled right back to take it off. 

The topic ‘Mori Lee 5108 sizing help please!! Ordering online from Australia’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors