(Closed) Mori Lee 5108

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@nicroselaw:  This dress was on my top choices. I prefer a zipper over corset too. The bridal store told me you would have to order a few sizes up but wasn’t sure if it could be done.

Post # 5
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@nicroselaw:  I was just scared that the dress wouldn’t look the same. The price is really cheap though.

Post # 6
350 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@nicroselaw:  so glad you took my advice.

bump for my friend nicole!

Post # 8
350 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@nicroselaw:  yay you said yes to the dress! Do you have pics of you in it?!?

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

If you have altered this dress into a zip back from a corset please contact me! I am interested in doing the same but want to know how it turned out. Thanks! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 11
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@AlexisLBM:  

I’m also trying to figure out if I can turn my mori lee 5108 into a zipper! have you heard back from your seamstress or anyone else? I’m also worried that if it can be done then they’re going to charge me an arm and a leg for it. It seems that my shop already upcharged the dress as i paid $1,000 instead of the $650 that everyone else paid…. annoying

Post # 12
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Ctobin:  Well I’ve been told two things by two different shops. Let me see if I can explain this without being too wordy. The first shop I went to I tried this dress on and fell in love. It was priced at $800 and I think that’s because the shop could up the price because they have the reputation as “upper scale.” The first fancier store said they had seamstresses who could alter this dress “no problem” for around $100 extra. She mentioned an inside corset, which I have never heard of and adding an inside “seatbelt.” Those are the things inside of dresses that literally suck you in. The shop said they would call me by tomorrow after they’ve had time to discuss this with a seamstress so they could give me the exact quote. I can update you on what I find out from this shop tomorrow. They acted like this was no big deal which is why when I went to a larger wearhouse shop yesterday and they told me they absolutely could not and would not do this I was shocked. The lady at the larger store (who was selling the exact same dress for $650) said their decision was based on the designer being unwilling to make this dress in a zip back. She said they have tried converting from corset to zip and it was a “disaster” which worries me. I’ve heard mixed reviews. I’ve heard that you need to find an experienced seamstress and it works out fine and I’ve heard I need to learn to embrace the corset. I’m at the point where the dress fits in all the right spots I might embrace the corset. I started a thread about it and I’ve received great feedback so check that out. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 13
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@AlexisLBM:  thanks! i’ll probably end up just sticking with the corset too. my worst nightmare would be that I’ll pay crazy money to have it converted to zip-up only to have it ruin the dress! thanks for letting me know your findings πŸ™‚

Post # 14
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m in the same boat! I bought the dress from Eva’s Bridal in Chicago for $799. I LOVE IT! But definitely not crazy about the corset back. I’m hoping they can do a zipper instead. I would love to see pictures of how this worked out. Wondering a few things for Mori 5108-ers….

1) Did you have to order the dress up 3 sizes bigger than your regular clothes?

2) Are you considering a mermaid slip to have more va-voom on the bottom? They had one at the bridal shop that I didn’t try on. I found one on Amazon though for something like 30 bucks.

Post # 14
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

For any future brides searching this dress but want the zipper . It NOW COMES in zipper with buttons I just ordered it and very excited to see it. 

The topic ‘Mori Lee 5108’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors