(Closed) Mori Lee 5111

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I tried this dress on today and bought it it’s amazing so will be ready in 4- 5mnths!:)

If you like the look of it I definitely recommend you try it on its so flattering and has lovely detail !

Post # 5
7 posts
Newbee

Could any ladies post a picture of the dress from when you tried it on in the store? None of the stores in my area (I’ve called 10+ stores!) carry this dress and there aren’t any Mori Lee trunk shows coming up here.. πŸ™ I want to see what it looks like on an actual person instead of a 6 feet tall model πŸ˜›

Is the dress a fit and flare type of fit? How would you describe the fit?

Post # 7
7 posts
Newbee

Wow it looks great and you look amazing!! Did you add a belt as well? 

The tulle overlay looks pretty sheer – is it? Is the trumpet shape inside very prominent?

Thanks so much for posting this picture!!

Post # 9
7 posts
Newbee

Sorry one more question! Can the tulle overlay be easily removed?? I like the original trumpet shape of the dress and don’t want the a line shape to be what comes out in photographs.

and if you have any other pictures you would be willing to share that would help so much! I am so disappointed no stores near me carry this dress!

Post # 11
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I tried on the Mori Lee 5111 today and loved it! It was totally unexpected because I originally didn’t want a strapless dress and wanted a fitted silhouette but the crossed netting of the sweetheart bodice was so flattering and the sheer A-line overlay gives such a romantic look.

Here’s a picture of it on me in Size 8 (street size 6 – 8, 5’6”)

Post # 12
10 posts
Newbee

Oops looks like the picture didn’t post properly. I’ll try again when I’m on a real computer and not just an iPhone.

Post # 13
10 posts
Newbee

Post # 14
7 posts
Newbee

thanks vhan26! that looks great on you! do you know if the sheer overlay looks like it could be easily removed? also, what’s the structure underneath like? is it more of a mermaid or a trumpet? from the pics it looks like trumpet or fit&flare

Post # 15
10 posts
Newbee

@romaztomatoes:  I would say it is more a Fit and Flare. Starts to flare out higher up, above the knees, than other gowns I’ve tried. I’m sure a good seamstress could remove the sheer overlay, I don’t see why not, but I’m no expert! 

Post # 16
7 posts
Newbee

@vhan26, do you have any other pictures (like from the back and a frontal but from futher away) you wouldn’t mind sharing? i wish I could try on this dress myself but i can’t find ANY stores in northern california that have it. πŸ™

The topic ‘Mori Lee 5111’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors