(Closed) Mori Lee Blu 4524

posted 12 years ago in Dress
Post # 137
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hey girls! I’ll have more pictures later, but this is a sample from my wedding day last weekend… 

Also, sgarrison2, it took 5 girls to help me pee in this dress! Make sure you use a larger stall and don’t drink too much! Of course, bustled is always easier. 

Post # 138
1415 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@Hippo324 – My alterations cost $200.  This is what I had done (your $170 sounds really good):

• french bustle
  • hem
  • taken in at the waist
  • bow/steamers removed (I did not want the bow because I thought it ruined the waistline on me, so my seamstress just took the zipper apart and sewed the belt under the zipper – so it just goes into the dress at the back) and belt loops removed

Post # 139
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@futuremrs walker- you look great in your pictures! Is your dress ivory or white?

Post # 140
209 posts
Helper bee

@futuremrswalker You look fantastic! I love it! Hoping your dress is white- I got white too, but it looks like most brides have ivory.

Can’t wait to see more pictures of the bustle. Bad news on the peeing. Looks like I might be tha naked bride running into the bathroom…

Post # 141
209 posts
Helper bee

LaHart01: Will you post pictures once the crinoline is gone?

Post # 142
19 posts
Newbee

@sqarrison2:  Sure! My next fitting is July 10th and by then the new belt should also be done. Have you had any luck in replacing the belt?

Post # 143
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@futuremrswalker – you look amazing.

I order this dress on Saturday the 12th and I got a call today saying that the dress has come in already! Super Fast.

My veil is not in yet, so I am going to wait until then, and then do the alterations. I am over a year out til my wedding. But its nice to have it.

I am curious, would you take the dress home and do alterations close to the day, or just do them now? How well will the dress store in my house that long? Im worried.

Post # 144
209 posts
Helper bee

@LeHart01: I’m wearing a sash/flower combo for the reception, and the belt for the ceremony.

Mom loves the belt- so I decided to keep it.

Post # 145
19 posts
Newbee

@sgarrison2:   Understandable…. The belt is beautiful as well. Do you have any pics of your floral sash? I am doing a champagne colored sash with flowers in the ivory luxe taffeta but still havn’t made my final decision on which flowers (we have made numerous) to use. My dream dress was Jim Hjelm 8912 but @ $4,000 and as a student, I just couldn’t stand the thought. Instead I am attempting to turn “our beauty” into my own rendition of the Hjelm dress. 😀 Glad someone else thought a floral belt would look good! Any pics you want to share would be great! Oh and you are getting married on my b-day! Good choice! 😀

attached is the “inspiration” dress from Jim Hjelm…. Still in love but happy with my more economic choice.

[attachment=1067157,132915]

Post # 146
19 posts
Newbee

@wolfwedding0917:   most bridal salons reccommend alterations be done no more than 6 weeks in advance….. I think you would be wasting $ if you were to alter this early. You never know what wedding stress can do!!! 😀

Post # 147
209 posts
Helper bee

@lehart01 *swoon* That dress is beyond. But you’re right about making a more economical choice. Here’s the link to a blog post I did about my flower. I’m having a hard time figuring out how its going to go. The flower is more of an off white, and my dress is the white taffeta. ….

Post # 148
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Hee hee, here is a photo of me peeing in the dress… not so hard, My girls were all in the bathroom, but only one had to help me hold the dress.  One of my favorite photos from my photog.

[attachment=1068290,133132]

Post # 149
209 posts
Helper bee

That picture is so funny!

Post # 150
1076 posts
Bumble bee

@tucklover: Why do they say the dress is custom made on SMP?

Post # 151
19 posts
Newbee

@sgarrison2:  I would love to see the post you wrote, can you post the link??

The topic ‘Mori Lee Blu 4524’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors