Mori Lee Blu 4524 vs WToo Mimi

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
6110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

The Mori Lee dress you linked is made of taffeta so I don’t understand the comment about removing the tulle…

Post # 4
2966 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@IzzyBear:  I say Wtoo. That shiny mori lee might not photograph that well. 

Post # 6
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I personally don’t care for the big flower on the sash of the Wtoo, so I would pick the Mori Lee. Other than the flower, I don’t see a whole lot of difference between the two, so I think you’ll be happy with either of them.  Is there a big difference in price? Perhaps that will help you decide.

Post # 7
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Honestly i like the shape of the Mori-Lee dress more, and the tafetta… Though I do like the flower accent of the WTOO dress…

Post # 8
6110 posts
Bee Keeper

@houstonwhodat:  oooh ok, I understand now. You would remove the tulle underneath the skirt so it’s not as big and poofy. Gotcha! That being said, I prefer the Mori Lee 🙂

Post # 9
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I say go for the Mori Lee. It’s incredibly easy to make into an A-line and as someone else pointed out, it really isn’t all too different from the Wtoo (material and style-wise). They’re both taffeta and will photograph similarly. Unless you’re really drawn to that extra wide band and flower on the Wtoo, the Mori Lee would be your best bet… especially since the 4524 is about ~$350 less than the Mimi.

Post # 11
6110 posts
Bee Keeper

@houstonwhodat:  do you mind saying where you found them at such a low price?

Post # 13
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I am wearing the WToo in Feb. and I am in LOVE with this dress! It is super comfy and still really elegant. I am not wearing the flower on the front, however since I really love how the wide natural waist makes me look super thin. I got an American bustle and the flower will be pinned in the back on the top of the bustle after it’s gathered. I am seriously obsessed!

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m wearing WToo’s Mimi for my wedding on May 26! I love it so much and like you, I also liked the MoriLee 4524. The quality of the fabric is so much nicer and for me it was worth it. I also like that the hem is much higher quality. The MoriLee hem looks heavy and is like 1 inch thick. I am tall enough that I don’t have to have it shortened so I like that the hem on the Mimi flows and looks much nicer.

I was a little hesitant that the fabric photographs so shiny, but I love everything else about the dress, so I went for it. I’m thinking about wearing the flower on the back, or maybe not at all, not sure yet?

Hope this helps, I know I liked seeing pics of real brides in the dresses! Good luck!!

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee

kmc08:  can you post some pics of your wedding day!?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors