48 %
    2. Ivory : (41 votes)
    47 %
    3. Neither : (4 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 3
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

Haha I love the ‘shop job. And this is one gorgeous dress!

Honestly unless you can try on the dresses and see what they look against your skintone in the same lighting, it’s too hard to tell. The gold might make give your pale skin a pinkish or yellowish cast, but it might look really pretty and give you more of a golden hue. You’d just have to see in person.

Your complexion reminds me of the Fanning sisters’, who look great in ivory, but sort of peaky/off in goldtones:

Post # 4
    3371 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Gosh, that’s really hard. I don’t think you can really come to a conclusion without at least trying on something similar to both colours. I personally love the gold, because the ivory looks more like a diamond white to me – but then again, it could be the lighting. Have you seen this dress (in either colour) on real brides?

Post # 5
    2835 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I could be wrong (it’s a bit hard to tell from your photo) but I think you have cool skin tones. You look the type that would look better in silver than in gold, and in jewel tones rather than autumnal tones.

For that reason I picked the ivory. I think if you had warmer or more olve skin, you’d be able to pull off gold. As it is I think you’d be better in ivory – and could maybe even pull off platinum white or silvery tones. 

But again, it’s VERY hard to judge from your photo. Do you have others of yourself?

ETA: Just saw your photos in the other thread. Seeing how great you look in red, and how pale your skin is – definitely ivory. I think you have to have more of a tan, or obvious strawberry blond/red hair and peachy complexion, to pull off a pale gold. 

Post # 6
    4495 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Haha your photoshopping is awesome. Honestly I LOVE the idea of the gold. I know I look good in gold so thats what I would go for, but do you know how it looks on you? Since you can’t try it on I would try to find something semi similar in color and see how it looks on before you decide. I don’t know if there are any other dresses in your area that come in gold, but its worth a shot of calling around and asking just so you can get an idea.

Post # 7
    1004 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

with your beautiful complexion, I think the light gold would look amazing on you. That color is so rich, and between your fair skin and your dark hair I bet that dress would look amazing in your pics and IRL! 🙂

Post # 9
    4495 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@FutureMrsSarah:  I think Taylor has worn quite a few gold dresses on the red carpet for various events. If you have the same coloring as her then I think you could definitely pull it off.

Post # 12
    8424 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

Love the first dress in light gold on you……stunning!!!

Post # 13
    114 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

With your skin tone I think Ivory would be more flattering. 

This is my dress, I got it in Light Gold, but ,my skin is more olivey in tone.

Post # 14
    Hostess
    2556 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I like the light gold.

Post # 15
    4439 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@FutureMrsSarah:  I just saw you’re getting married in February.  Im’ not sure what location or climate you’re in but I chose my dress in white even tho I tried it on in Ivory because I didn’t want it to look dirty against white snow!

The topic ‘Morilee 1504, do you like it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors