Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Adorae, Jenna, and Sabelle.

Post # 33
773 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
@mlharrison23:I feel you.  I think like 2 people on this site have my dress, and only 2 stores in all of MA carried it. It makes me feel like most stores thought it was ugly and felt it wouldn’t sell.  🙁

Post # 34
3363 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Sabelle or Adorae seem the most popular in my opinion! =)

Post # 35
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Also the Dahlia and Bijou from Amsale, they are all over the place right now.

View original reply
@sailor: I feel like Grace is a dress that looks great on a very specific body type (aka, models) and thus I have not seen a ton IRL Grace brides.

Post # 36
Hostess
11163 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@Mrs.KMM: Agreed, Adorae. I have been to two weddings so far this “season” and BOTH (yes BOTH!!!) brides wore Adorae.

Post # 37
1497 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I definitely think the Adorae as well. The amount of times I’ve seen threads on here about that dress is astounding, way more than the JA dress or any of the other popular dresses mentioned here.

Post # 38
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I started out with Maggie Sottero ‘Doreen’ (below) but due to a botched alterations job, had to get a different dress (a month before the wedding..awesome, right?)  I remember having a few dress twins but not too many.  Maybe that’s changed?

Once I realized I would not be wearing Doreen down the aisle, I had to find an alternative and boy on boy did I find her!  I found a reworked one-of-a kind vintage dress at a bridal consignment store.  LOVE IT!!  It even fit me perfectly off the rack.  All it needed was a hem!

We are flying out to Europe on Saturday for a second wedding for my husband’s extended family and I’ll be wearing the dress below.  It’s by Cosmobella which I think is the European version of Demetiro’s?  Any dress twins out there for this one?  (PS: I was able to do a trade with the consignment shop for the Doreen and the ballgown below was a gift from my mother-in-law.  I did not go out and buy 3 dresses.  :-))

Post # 39
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

What about Maggie Sottero Fiorella? I feel like I’ve seen her a lot. I also see a lot of people trying on Kendra but not neccessarily choosing her (like me Tongue out).

Post # 40
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@sailor: Aww yay! What did ya’ll do for your anniversary?

And yeah that dress was everywhere! I wanted to try it on just because it was everywhere but I still loved it, but I didn’t because I was too afraid I would love it and have the same dress as everyone and her mother.

Post # 41
7294 posts
Busy Beekeeper

i kinda like my dress is one of the most popular!  (Jenna).  And I like that i picked it randomly off the rack before i ever heard of it! 

i also agree about the Adorae. which ironically was one of my top contenders at one point.

i think Sabelle was more popular in 2010 versus 2011.

i do now feel bad for brides who will come here and hear their dress being compared to toilet paper.  I think the white by vera blush dress is gorgeous and looks gorgeous on whoever i have seen it on (pink.sequins comes to mind).  

Post # 42
7774 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think that Adorae, Sabelle and Jenna were trendier in 2010 vs 2011, personally.

Post # 43
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I wish my dress was a little more popular, not as much as the adorae. I know of two people on here who have it.

Post # 44
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
@Rubies: I feel like Grace is a dress that looks great on a very specific body type (aka, models) and thus I have not seen a ton IRL Grace brides.

I’ve actually never seen it in person.  Just on wedding blogs, and usually just the stock photo.  So maybe it just had the illusion of being ubiquitous.  That ad with the back view was all over the internet, though initially I thought it was so pretty and unique.  I wanted to try it on, but when I finally found a pic of the front of the dress it was a huge letdown.  It’s just so “meh” from the front; no wonder all the stock photos show it from the back.

Post # 45
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
@melodicsighs1: 

Aww yay! What did ya’ll do for your anniversary?

We actually had a professional conference in Miami that weekend so we made a long weekend of it and had to do a combo business/pleasure trip.  You?

And yeah that dress was everywhere! I wanted to try it on just because it was everywhere but I still loved it, but I didn’t because I was too afraid I would love it and have the same dress as everyone and her mother.

The fabric is sooo buttery soft… I felt like if I tried it on I’d never want to take it off.  I don’t think it would have been the most flattering on me, but I did love it.

Post # 46
535 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I feel like my dress has been EVERYWHERE, including the beautiful Mrs. Socks.

I am wearing David Bridal’s Galina T3039. I’m too lazy to go get the stock photo so here is one of me so you know which one I am talking about (also it’s just a great chance to post my lovely again). 😛

The topic ‘Most Popular Dress of 2011?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors