(Closed) Mothers day wedding 2018

posted 5 years ago in Family
Post # 2
1253 posts
Bumble bee

Is there a reason why you picked a Sunday that also happens to be Mother’s Day? 

My cousin is getting married this year, the day before Morher’s Day (Saturday) and there have been some not so nice comments about her choice since our family is all over the country so everyone has to travel for every event. 

Post # 3
2195 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I don’t know if I’d mention it myself. I think most people can look at the date and see that is the same day.

Post # 6
540 posts
Busy bee

I wouldn’t have a problem with it and would happily attend. My mother would not be devastated to know I was attending a wedding on Mother’s Day, it’s really not the end of the world.

You’ll probably get many “if you aren’t a close friend or family I’d probably decline” comments from other posters as I’ve seen on plenty of threads here, but really who else would be invited to a wedding besides family and close friends lol. 

You do you girl! 

Post # 7
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

You said you couldn’t do March 2017 so you went with 2018 instead…isn’t Mother’s Day in May?

Post # 8
2050 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

View original reply
nordiclight :  in the US but not necessarily everywhere. In the UK Mother’s Day usually falls in March, although it can fall in April. 

Post # 9
10654 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
Jade Clarkson : 

Well I wouldn’t choose Mother Day’s but then I don’t really set such store by anniversries , well not dating or engagement type anniversaries  anyway.  If you don’t mind some refusals, no probs.

Post # 10
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

View original reply
loz24 :  oh! I didn’t realize, I actually live in Canada but it’s always in May here too. Interesting!

The topic ‘Mothers day wedding 2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors